Questions about online advertising/website

Whats up guys, been lurking the forums for a couple days to try and find the best advertising strategies. This is our first year in business and its been kind of hit or miss as the weeks go on, def not as busy as i would like! But anyway on to my question! Ive seen alot of you guys say that a website is the most important factor for these businesses and i couldnt agree more. But then ive also seen guys claim that the website only runs them $35 a month? Thats all fine and good that you have a website but whats the point if nobody can find it? Who markets it cor you?

Im currently using a company called hibu to host and market my website and its costing me upwards of $600+ a month!! ($99 to host the website and $500 a month to advertise) the way it works is they pretty much code in a list of keywords and when those keywords are googled within a 50 miles radius of us, we will pop up on google. Dont get me wrong, we are making money off of this every month. But am i getting ripped off?! Please check out our website at upstatepressure.com and let me know what you guys think.

Who’s the older guy on your deck and patio page ?

Siding and roof page is not the proper way to clean siding. The pic should be removed.

this page here

a residential pressure washing page in upstate New York…

The roof looks like something out of Miami somewhere. The second pic looks like

the guy with NO uniform is trying to put a hole in the wood and looks like he may succeed before long.

Spending a fortune for these stock photos and someone who doesn’t care about your image at all !

this page gramps shows up

and the other pages you have men with hard hats on . I’d fire these people in a heart beat.

Come up with another domain name and start over. You really don’t rank all that well in Ravena,NY anyway.

They will most likely hold hostage your domain name,password, and source code for the website.

Yeah we are fairly new so still building our reputation online! As far as the pictures i do agree with you, they could have picked better images. However, i also lean toward the fact that the customers looking at the website probably don’t look that far in detail with these pictures but they’re more something they notice and just scroll past. But you’re right, i am spending a fortune on this setup and it should be done right!!

Did you get the PM I sent you last week?

don’t see it… What’s it about ?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that that last post of mine was directed to @upstatepressure

hey @Atlas1 just received your message… I’m locked with hibu for a couple more months but then will be looking to switch! i should def look into hatch. What do you mean by “landing pages”

Those are just different pages within your website where you can feature different aspects of your service, etc. I’m by no means an expert on anything web related, that’s why I love Hatch so much…they do everything for me!

Hey, so is anyone into SEO? And who are your SEO companies? I agree with @upstatepressure though when he said what’s the point of having a website if nobody can find it. Makes sense. People are urging me to use SEO but I have little idea what it is. I think it is somewhat similar to what he said about keywords. I am trying to learn it on my own, though. An SEO guy advised me to use “anchor texts” like this one I saw on a company I’ve been looking at recently: Fleet and RV Washing contractors in Virginia Would appreciate if you can enlighten me a little better.

Hope you guys can share your thoughts on this one!
Thanks!