Question about new pressure washer

I just received my Simpson pressure washer and noticed a hole in the case that connects the motor to the pump. It seems like any debris could easily fall in this hole and cause issues. I called the manufacturer and the said it’s a view port. I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about.

No but that pump is.

Had the exact same model just DeWalt brand. (Just a Simpson with DeWalt’s logo. Maintained the pump religiously.

Went bad twice within the year and Simpson has been a pain to get the pump warrantied. It’s a 5-year warranty… if Simpson is feeling generous.

I’m going to sell the pump and keep the Honda for running a pesticide pump for my softwash set up once it’s fixed. AAA is a bottom of the totem pole pump.

If you’re going to be working with it everyday buy a spare pump. Better yet look at Craigslist or Facebook marketplace.

There’s a long list of people dumping their Simpson and DeWalt problems on others and they didn’t even use theirs everyday.

“Needs new pump”
“Brand new pump. Honda motor less than a year old.”
Etc…

Another guy on my Facebook marketplace is selling his Simpson for $40. I’m going to buy it for the engine.

I appreciate the feedback. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear on considering I just bought it but there’s nothing wrong with honest feedback. I feel like I got a good deal on a Honda Motor pressure washer, cart for it, gun, wand and 50’ of hose. Would it be smart to put new pump on it, like a $400 pump that has a better reputation? That would still bring the total unit in under $1,250.

1 Like

The smart thing, since it has already been purchased, is to take care of it and use it as long as it will last…then, decide about replacing the pump.

3 Likes

I’d buy a better pump as my backup for when that one inevitably goes bad. At least after my 1st couple jobs with it knowing what I know now. The best thing about good engines is that you can pop on a better pump that fits the bolt pattern.

Fun fact: Milwaukee doesn’t make pressure washers, or at least the didn’t 2 years ago, because the general public wouldn’t pay the premium for a General or a CAT pump. At least that’s what the pretty Milwaukee rep told me when I asked.

I’d look at returning it. For about $1300 you can get a Pressure Pro 4 gpm 4000psi belt driven Cat pump machine that will last you a long time and you can do everything with it. It’s a small but real professional machine that if you decide to upgrade to a larger size at some point in the future will make you a great backup machine.

3 Likes

Sorry JimLuke, previous reply intended for Aschultz89

Bingo.

1 Like

So there is an interesting update. I have been refunded the purchase price of the Simpson Power Washer ($953.00 to be exact) and have been told to keep the power washer and do with it what I want. So the question is…do I sell it and buy the belt driven Pressure Pro machine everyone is talking about…or do I keep it…invest the refund into items to set up a trailer like hoses and reels and use the machine till it dies, then buy the Pressure Pro Machine…decisions decisions…this went from being nerve-racking to pretty fun. Again any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

1 Like

I would keep it, buy a better pump, and have some extra $ to spend on other equipment. I would invest i a good 16" surface cleaner

1 Like

How did you get a REFUND and get to KEEP the washer???

I need to get you to do my purchasing…would like to have a new truck…without having to pay for it.:grin:

1 Like

I was pretty schooled too! I will go into detail once the refund is processed…don’t want to jinx it.

I was thinking about doing that too and was looking a Cat 4 gpm pump

I just bought an Unger 30ft extension pole for gutter cleaning and after the first use the quick connect snapped where you thread the brush on at. Contacted the seller they refunded me the money and never asked for it back.

Went on amazon bough a 3 pack of quick connects for $5 shipped and now I have a hundred dollar pole for $5 :slight_smile:

Karma can be rough. Treat your vendors the way you want your customers to treat you.

1 Like

I dont think Amazon is worried about little ol me.

Wow, just goes to show you how badly you were raped the first time. The washer was such a piece of crap they don’t even want it back, lol. My advice to you now that you dodged a bullet, is to maybe learn a little more about the business and the equipment you’ll need before making another dumb purchase. Other than that, you’re off to a great start.

1 Like

I bought a 20’ aluminum Unger from Home Depot for $35. I see the one you got is $110 for the 30’… big price jump for 10 feet, if that’s the only difference.