Question about Growing Smart (Efficiently)

Hi everyone.

I’m only a couple months into being a business owner, but I can say that I really enjoy the work and plan to make this full time as soon as possible.

Right now this is my setup:
-dodge ram van, 8’ bed length with roof racks
-24’ extension ladder
-8’ step ladder
-4gpm 4000 psi; direct drive, cold water
-20” surface cleaner
-m-jet and accessories for 4 GPM
-18’ telescoping wand
-downstream injector kit for 4 GPM machines
-250 gallon water tote (currently not being used)
-5x8 open trailer to carry chemicals and machine
-gas blower
-chemicals
-various brushes and stuff for gutter cleaning and decks

I want to transition to full time. Most people talk about being booked out 2-3 weeks in advance, I am hustling right now to get my name out there and make $1,000 to $1,500 per weekend. My question is what is a good next move in order to expand? I know that I want to get a better machine, but what would give the most bang for its buck; a hot water or a higher GPM belt drive machine so that I can use a buffer tank and multiple wands?

I am just about to the break even point on my insurance premium, the van, and all my equipment and marketing dollars. The season is half over here, but I want to hit the ground running next spring and grow my business. I’m willing to do whatever it takes, I just don’t want to make a move that sends me off in the wrong direction.

My thoughts are to first get a smaller tank and build a roof washing setup so that the trailer becomes more useful. (Possibly up the size of my trailer to accommodate a proper setup once my next move is planned) I’ve had a few customers ask about roofs already and I did clean 2 using spray and forget but it took way too long and required too much labor to make it worth the time/effort. I know that purchasing a direct drive was not the best decision due to not being able to draw from a buffer tank and having to tote around the power washer while I clean. Is there a way that I can run my operation from my trailer only without buying a belt drive?

Basically, it’s becoming quite a hassle to move my machine around a house and change water faucets on large jobs. Just want to make sure I reinvest in a way to set myself up to make this my full-time work come spring.

I’m also pretty new in the business and I use a 4 gpm 4,000 psi cold water machine. At first I wanted to upgrade to a higher gpm heated unit but what I have now is perfect for residential jobs. The only time I’ve needed a heated machine is for parking lots removing gum and oil so I just rent one when I need it. My machine is direct drive also and it draws from my tank with no problems. Direct drive just means your pump is bolted directly to the motor with belt drive your pump is separate from your motor powered by pulleys and a belt. The belt drive machines are better for everyday use because the pump is separate from the motor and stays cooler. With a direct drive heat transfer from the motor keeps your pump hot especially if you aren’t letting your unloader value dump.