Pricing in the south

This may be crazy and this may open up some conversation but here it is…

As far as pricing… What’s a decent price to start off at? This is what I’m figuring…
Roof: no less than 500
House: 350
Driveway: 100 and 50 (with treatment )
Gutters: 100
Fence: 100
Double wide: 100
Single wide: 60
Double wide roof:400
Single wide roof 300
Any suggestions would be great!!

That’s some pretty random prices. Maybe you should just charge what each job is worth.

4 Likes

If you can get $300 and $400 for trailer roofs than more power to you.

2 Likes

The guy with the price list is not a professional contractor. I think he just likes posting stupid stuff.

3 Likes

Lol. Sorry u feel that way bud. Never once said I was a professional contractor. This is a side line for me. I specifically said any suggestions would be appreciated. Lol, I understand though… some people just can’t help themselves!!

1 Like

See my first reply for your suggestion

3 Likes

Maybe think abt being a “professional” next time and keeping ur smart ass comments to yourself.

Please show me where there was a smart comment. In your thread about transporting bleach I answered your questions in detail and you followed up with a stupid question that had been answered over and over. You post a crazy price list and I suggested you price what each job is worth. Keep the vulgarity off the forum.

2 Likes

Lmao!! Before u get your panties in a wad I’ll let it go. Didn’t realize you were going to get in all your feelings.

1 Like

Every job is different. Wait until you quote a price on the phone and lose your backside. IBS knows what he’s talking about. Just too honest sometimes. You’ll learn.

Im still looking for the sweet spot on pricing. I have yet to come up with an across the board price sheet but do have basic parameters. I factor in time of year, distance to job, current work load, site conditions & access, customer expectations, is it 2 hours of work or 40 hours of work, expendable costs, etc… In the end, I guess it comes down to “if I were as busy as I could handle, what would I want/need to make in a day”. In simple terms, if that number was, for the sake of argument $1000 and I could do 4 equal jobs in a day, then my price would be $250 minimum per job, more if above factors lead me think I could sell it. No matter how you cut it, you are looking for highest price the market will bear & keep you not only busy but allow for growth.

Innocent bystander is a pro with lots of exterior cleaning experience. He doesn’t surger coat his responces and gives it to you straight. Its a good thing

1 Like

I am not sure where your business is being conducted but typically price ranges differ depending on which state your business is located. There maybe not enough information you have provided for us to give you a good answer. You mentioned these are starting prices? They seem too generic.

Thanks for the response. I’ve done some pretty significant research after some of the guys here told it like it was! I’ve figured out exactly what I have to do and took a lot of advice from the guys! Appreciate your input!

1 Like