Pretreatment for sidewalks, driveways, etc

What do you guys like to use to pretreat driveways and sidewalks? Aside from oil stains and such, just the common black mold and mildew that we see everyday.

I may just DS my house wash mix and letbit sit for 5 mins and then start with the surface cleaner. Many times I don’t pretreat at all and gonstraight to cleaning with excellent results.

3 Likes

Kill the mould, lift the dirt, rinse it all away.

I x-jet at low volume (for higher strength) “bleach” depending on how mouldy (this puts it on at 2 - 4%); and let it sit 5 - 10 minutes

1 Like

Should we be worried about letting bleach dry out on the driveways on a hot day?

I have found that on really dirty concrete that if I pre treat with a misting of house wash concentration mix, then come back a few minutes later & get it good & wet with same mix, it just really foams up & reacts. I think its similar to some roof washing theories that you need to “open up” the organisms first so that when you come back with second application it reacts much more aggressively. Fire up the surface cleaner & watch it disappear. That’s my experience.

2 Likes