Pretreating house

I have a 4200 psi 4gpm pressure washer have a 2800 sq ft house and would like to get done quick and was wondering what the best chem. to pre treat the house first to make it easerer to wash

Downstream bleach.

1 Like

Much quicker to just wash the house. Pre treating is something I’ve never heard off and pre wetting is counter productive

1 Like

@Innocentbystander whats wrong with wetting the house down first?

Essentially you’re diluting the chems you’re about to use to wash it.

2 Likes

@JHH what about plants then always spray those down first right

With house mix, generally it’s not that big of a deal. Spray them when rinsing and should be ok.

2 Likes

We wash the building. Not the plants. On a really hot day we rinse the plants when we rinse the building. Not before

1 Like

Jinx …

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 you owe me a coke

1 Like

You can’t count lol

Stupid phone and fat thumbs don’t mix lol

Its a two story house and wanted to spray something up top so i get gutters ect. clean is bleach ok by it self or or should i mix with some soap

I was taught to wet the siding and especially windows before soaping. Supposedly the soap won’t come rinse thoroughly from the windows if you applied your mix (sh) when they are dry. @Innocentbystander would you say this, in your experience, not accurate? I would much rather not wet a house before I soap because it would save tons of time. I’ve always been afraid to try it, thinking eventually it will bite me in the ass.

I don’t typically spray windows directly unless they are TDL panes. Those are rare now. Wetting a house before washing it is a time suck for me.

We soap most windows once and rinse them twice.

The only windows that you shouldn’t soap are the old school storm windows.

Its really inevitable that your going to soap the windows if you want to hit the mold on the sills ect…

Pre soaking isnt necessary as long as you dont let your soap dry on the windows.

Just throw it straight on. Sh and eliminator holds on when applied to a dry surface vs a wet on in my opinion.

I tell them to water their grass before I come… I tell them my chemicals may kill the grass if its not wet. Up to them whether they do it or not.

1 Like

I only pretreat during winter. My pressure washer quite small compared to most on here so some jobs take me a bit longer to rinse properly. On a really cold day I will spray the house with the blue anti freeze. It stops the bleach from icing up

Seriously… rinsing frozen bleach is hard!

1 Like

I hate when my bleech ices up

I don’t used much bleach because it might get into the water and hurt the dolphins. So I never even thought about it icing up!l untill I saw it!

One day… when I saw my first bleach-cicle… I put my tongue on it and licked it like an ice cube. I was just curious… but That was a really bad idea.

Now I always spray the house in anti freeze first. For safety :slight_smile: