Pressure washer choice

Which should i get, 5.5 gpm 2500 psi or 4 gpm 4000 psi?

Whatever your research tells you to. Anymore discussion about it here would be foolish

2 Likes

What are you going to be doing with it? Keep in mind the 5.5 will need to run off a tank. Also the 4 most likely cost a lot less. Don’t make the mistake I did and get a direct drive. Get a belt drive if you can. Also get it with a cat pump.

Incorrect. Depends on where you’re at and what water pressure is like.

Do some research here on pumps.

I did do some research and it seems like most people like cat pumps. Is there a reason for this?

1 Like

Cats are junk pumps on the lower gpm scale. This is where the foolishness comes in i talked about. Why would you recommend a cat punp if you haven’t used them, rebuilt them or compared them one on one with other pumps? Foolishness

2 Likes

Well I never seen anyone say that on here.

So please educate me if you have the time.

Nope. Growing wearing.

What does that mean?

This is why I didn’t recommend any pump. I don’t have experience with Cat. If you had said AAA or AR pumps I would’ve said don’t take one if it’s free.

But what I did say, is do more research on pumps. Because there are people here, with far more experience than you or I, that say what the BEST pumps are. And there are plenty of threads about pump problems. It’s simple math.

If you don’t see any threads on Udor or Landa pump problems, but you see twenty with people recommending Udor or Landa pumps. That might be good to put at the top of the list.

If you see 20 folks say they have problems with AAA and AR’s might be good to put at the bottom of the list. Most of these other pumps are gonna fall in the middle, but what I have noticed, personally, is that a ton of people here use General pumps because that’s what came on their pre-built skids or machines and some of those folks are happy with General pumps. My 4 gpm has a general pump and it’s still running.

If I had to compile a database on the forum of all the pumps people love, hate, indifferent because it still works, problematic, common problems, etc. I would, but a simple search of some keywords and a LOT of reading might be a good place to start.

Btw the top 7 search results for Cat pumps are asking for a recommendation on whether or not to buy, the top search is asking for help identifying the pump, but the other 5 are about some sort of Cat pump problem. I stopped there.

So out of that sample 71% of the posts are about CAT pump problems.

It means if you are still here in a couple of years and still don’t know I’ll be glad to answer it for you.

Here we go spending other people’s money…lol…All I have to say is AAA sucks and the proper AR is better than a Cat…We do not know if this guy is looking for a consumer or commercial. Squid…what pump are you running? BTW I would take an AR RRV4 over a GP ez4040 pump in the prosumer realm

I don’t know if it is a fact about spending other’s money is better. You and squid each send me $50. Let me test the theory and I’ll give each of you $50 worth of results in turn. Deal?

One general and one north star. Both are running. Both making money, but I know neither are long for this world. The both get run pretty consistently 8+ hours a day.

I’m already shopping for Udors.

You and I will have to agree to disagree about ARs being better than AAA. I put a picture up somewhere with my AR and AAA graveyard. Both pumps went bad twice. The AAAs outlasted the ARs

I’ll send you a $50 bass pro gift card and you can send pics of what you get. I’ll just take your word on everything else.

1 Like

This is why I like Udor. I’ve posted this several times over the years. I had a gkc udor 8gpm with 5000 hours. Casing cracked by the shaft. Went to my local Landa guy to get another pump. While his guys were putting on the new one he called Udor and sent them pics. Bottom line…They covered the cost of new replacement pump 100%, including $50 shop fee and, after sending in my old pump, rebuilt it with a new casing and internals at no charge. They even covered the shipping. Any one beat that with general, ar, aaa, or cat and I’ll switch all my pumps tomorrow.

2 Likes

I remember. I read it before. And maybe even on another forum.

Keep you money. I’d waste it on ammo or coffee.

1 Like

It’s impossible to “waste” money on ammo or coffee…

6 Likes