Pressure gauges

Putting another order together from Pressure Tek, and I’m thinking about other things i might need to pick up. I cant recall much discussion about pressure gauges, and a search didnt turn up much.

Just curious if you guys use pressure gauges, or not… and if you do, what do you use them for? Do you get the quick connect ones, and put them on at the pump? Do you leave them connected all the time, or do you only use them when needed?

Thanks!

They make great paper weight

1 Like

I bought one for trouble shooting and setting my PSI. I don’t leave it connected though

If you’ve been running a rig for a while, check your whip line from the unloader ro the reel. I discovered recently that mine was nearly wore through from the constant rubbing. That could put a feller down fast. I always carry a spare downstream injector, several QC gaskets, actually, I think I have a spare of everything except hose reel lol.

2 Likes

i like mine I keep a eye on it all the time. Last week it was reading 1,800psi… Ok so I know I got a problem you can tell the flow is not right but you see exactly what is is doing… i had to get a new unloaded and use gauge to set it up.

I like having gauges to see what is happening whether it’s a fuel gauge or a tachometer on the engine. Shows you when things change. Also, for what it’s worth, It impresses the customers whenever they come out and see it on my surface cleaner. (I know, roll your eyes) Makes some people feel better that you know what you’re doing by using a “safe” amount of pressure. I have two of them and they have quick connects so I can plug them in anywhere in the system for a reading.

3 Likes

Those all seem like great reasons to pick one up. And I could easily see myself reassuring a concerned customer that I won’t be blowing out any mortar joints and then showing them operating pressure if need be.

This is exactly what I needed. This place is awesome. Thanks!