Power Wash Heater Smoke normal? VIDEO LINK

Hi all!

Like always Im extremely grateful for all the info you have all provided for me. This website is incredibly informative and I have gain so much knowledge in such a short time that years and years would have been needed otherwise so again thank you all.

I have searched this issue and have not seen a post so this is what im needing advise on:

I purchased the trailer used and found that the heater coil was cracked ( probably water freezing ) so I replaced it myself and now am looking for confirmation that the smoke in the below video is normal? or something needs to be addressed?

Know that before the video starts I already had the burner running for about 5min.

When the burner is on and the trigger is pulled there is little to no smoke. When the trigger is open there is little smoke.

If I turn the burner off after it has been on then lots of smoke appears as you see in the video.

This brings me to my second question:

how do you properly cool the heater coil?

Originally I was going to keep the burner fan running as im still using the water but obviously this would ignite the burner again.

Or do I turn off the burner and fan and let cool water run through the coil ( as I have been doing ) but then Im getting all this smoke…

So I guess I’m asking what the proper procedure is when using hot water.

Again i really appreciate any input you may provide and look forward to helping others in the future.

Bump…

@windsorsabac Still getting the smoke?

Looks like white smoke, not black. If so, there is too much air in your air/fuel ratio. There should be 2 adjusters and it should be an easy fix but you may find it best this time around to take it to get serviced.

Thanks Bubble Guy!!

Ill try that