Oxidation after wash!

Hey guys washed my house the other day and the part that gets a lot sun , left I thing a lot of oxidation streaks where I might have put to much pressure or got to close while washing … I read on this site to downstream f13 which I do have some for my gutters is that a good way to remove it?? I also found this stuff called vinyl renu cleaner any body have any experience with that?? I will keep searching and reading other post about oxidation but if anyone don’t mine to shine in it would be helpful,

1 Like

Probably best to replace the siding. Always wipe your hand over older siding and check if it is chalky. We don’t do older vinyl homes or apartments for this reason

2 Likes

Hey if I had the money to replace I would…lol but there has to be something I can do to fix it

This is probably a really bad idea but it might work if you want to try it. Get a rag and some rubber gloves and rub solid bleach over the entire surface of the siding and let it dry in the hot son. Then wash it all off. This way it will lighten it all up at the same time and make an even coat. Then you can apply wood stain to the plastic and call it a day.

Why the hell would you put wood stain on vinyl??? Wood stain made for wood!!!.lol

1 Like

its just a little oxidation its not a big deal, scrub it off with some f 13

1 Like

Any legitimacy to products like Vinyl Renu? https://vinylrenu.com/

1 Like

Do u have to scrub or can you downstream some on?? I read on this sit of people mixing f 13 in there house wash… also people doing a 50/50 mix of f13 and Ds on the vinyl…

Anyone have any feed back on Vinyl Renu??? Thanks.

Yo… vinyl renu inquirers… Amazon.

Most of the 88 people who have bought it like it. Buy some. Do a test spot for someone then try to sell them on the whole house if it works great.

Or go to the habit for humanity restore if you have one in your area. They always have old shutters that need TLC. Try it.

Or offer to do a couple shutters on a friend or family members house and see. Worst case scenario you buy them a couple new sets of vinyl shutters, deduct the $100 from your taxes and consider it a cheap education.

2 Likes

After all said and done I bought some and it work fine on my house removed everything but I had to brush it off… I justed use my gutter brush

I changed out some severely faded shutters and tried applying aome random stuff lying around the shop. Then I let them sit outside through the Nor’easter. Only 2 days so far, but I already have some results. Shutter 1 is Armor All, Shutter 2 is ATF, Shutter 3 is untreated at the top and Mother’s Back to Black on the bottom, Shutter 4 is tire shine foam. They all actually showed huge improvement initially. Armor All and tire shine foam didn’t last at all. Back to black is starting to fade. ATF is a damn miracle so far, considering how bad they were. Curious how long it can last!

1 Like

ATF as in automatic transmission fluid?!

1 Like

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms… duh

1 Like

Yeah. Old used car dealer trick. Not as crazy as it seems. Fix your clearcoat. Shine your rubber. Polish your plastic. Spread that all over the place.

1 Like