Oxalic acid has many uses

So yesterday we cleaned this beautiful mostly brick home that just so happens to have the worst well water I’ve ever seen. This home had plants everywhere bordering the home. The brick and siding was heavily stained everywhere they had been watering their plants, the deive and walkways, and even the patio around the pool was stained redish brown. A strong SH mix wouldn’t even begin to touch it for obvious reasons. Even after using the surface cleaner on all the crete, the staining remained. Luckily We had plenty of oxalic on the trailer and was able to make it look like new again
It is amazing how that stuff cleans these mineral stains off of siding, brick, and concrete. The concrete brightened like the day it was poured.

5 Likes

@anon1966941
Look’s great! Lucky man to have a helper like that!

1 Like

Lol my wife is the boss and I’m the helper :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There ya go, Now I know you’ve been married for a while. lol

1 Like

Man I wish I could get my wife out there working !!!lol

Are there before and after on the bricks. Maybe I’m blind but they look the same. No offense intended whatsoever.

Edit: I find your posts very informative by the way. Seriously not talking sh*t… Just curious. The pool deck shows a night and day difference.

1 Like

Thanks! No I forgot to take the after shots. I was just showing what the stains looked like hoping that it may help someone out in the future.

If u don’t mine how did you mix the acid?? Was it a mix then downstream or did you pump spray?

A pump sprayer

What was your mix ratio on that?

I always start off really weak and move up. I don’t measure either. Just experiment with it as William said.