Not planning on buying, but super curious about this soft wash skid

http://m.powerwash.com/item/36353431

Not sure if I asked about it, fantasizing about it being in my life. Does having something like this for soft washing slow you down? Would you fill a 100 gallon tank at home, spray the house while you have the garden hose filling up another tank? Spray down after and empty the tank with the soft wash machine before you leave?

Won’t slow you down if it is set up correctly. At 9.6gpm you better be able to move fast enough to not waste mix. Wouldn’t even think about using one without a proportioner.

I see what you are saying, seems like you would need to move really fast.

Your best bet would be a Fatboy starting out. Then, while you’re in business and making money, spend the next season or two studying up on your other options. By the time you’re ready to decide, you’ll be well experienced and more knowledgeable about your options. Plus, you’ll be MUCH better prepared to handle chem usage and runoff control, which you definitely do not want to learn with too much machine in your hands.

Besides, there are almost as many (if not more) cons to a gas powered unit than pros when compared to an electric or air setup.
(Please don’t ask me to list all the pros and cons…if you haven’t already, do an hour’s worth of searching here, at PTState, the RCIA forum, and TGS and you’ll get lots of pros and cons listed)

2 Likes

:+1: correct

Thanks for the advice. I am going to look into the gas vs electric or air thing.

I have a small 3.5 gpm machine that is making me money right now. I am almost at the point of ordering my two 5.5gpm pressure washers, but may wait till next year because I don’t want to use something for a month and then winterize it.

I am going to buy the fat boy though for the fun of it. It should be some good hands on experience and I need something that I can store 4 hours away in my cabin for when I take my vacations and do a little work in that community. Our country club would probably pay me to soft wash the lodge and other buildings so it should pay for itself instantly.

1 Like

Maybe if you went to college and worked at the fortune 500 company like me you would be rich and could join my country club.

Stop being rude and offensive to people. Why would you want to hurt other peoples feelings and make them feel insecure?

Stop trolling me you jerk. How immature is it to make an account and pretend to be me.

You are the one with the misspelling in the name.

You also have not been here as long as me. I think you are so envious of me that you want to imitate me because you want to be me. Like they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I agree is that why you made an account exactly the same as mine?

You sure you want to keep siding with this guy @tireshark?

I did nothing wrong here buddy. That guy is the impostor not me! How would you react if you had someone trying to spoil your good reputation.

You don’t have a good reputation.

No my reputation is good, your view of it is distorted.

You and your reputation are both trash. Your a clueless idiot.

Says the guy who creates an account to troll another person and claims said person is a troll.

I am feeding you but I will stop and let you starve now. You will die without my attention.

I went anonymous becuse I’m very new here and don’t want to take a chance of offending others. That’s what the button is for. You should be ashamed of yourself and the way that you are behaving. It’s down right disgusting.

just stop responding to @awesomewash1! it’s getting old! I can’t read a thread without scrolling for 10mins just to find what I need to find. I come here to read learn and help where I can if I can but it’s getting hard with all this bull s***

Thank you and have a nice day.

1 Like