Nightly winterizing?

QI’m not a newbie, but I’m asking this question to see what other possibles might exist if they happen to be easier or cheaper,

Being up north we can work a lot through winter on th better days, but that might mean we have to winterize nightly.

Currently I’m using rv antifreeze, if I run it through only the PW and Pressure hose it is take 3-4 gallons. I just use 12v pump and bucket it takes about 2 min.

But after watch one of the YouTube videos from another post some I saw them using compressed air to blow out water.

Is that a better way, might be cheaper no easyier than stocking RV antifreeze. Does anyone just use window washing fluid? It is cheaper but a different type of alcohol or cheeks that could be bad for the pump,

1 Like

If I’m to lazy to pull the 5/8 supply lines then they take a couple of more gallons of rv antifreeze.

Oh dear @Innocentbystander… have you become the new thinktoomuch!

1 Like

Could you use the downstream pickup and just suck in the antifreeze?

If your hose has quick connect fittings at the pump end… this would be cheapest if you own the compressor already. My hose is joined to pump with screw fittings so I wouldn’t be able to easily disconnect to let the air through.

Lol. Maybe I’ll survive.

1 Like

I’m sorry innocentlybystnder, I did mean thinkstomuch

1 Like

Too late. I had a 30 second fix for you that cost 96 cents but I’ll never tell now.

Well I did feel bad for the error and already edited the post.

You probably know pulling from the injector won’t get anything in the pump. You can install a shrader valve on the pump inlet to blow out the pump and line but it won’t help the unloader. Don’t know how yours is set up but if it is not enclosed where you can just set a heater in side build a cheap plywood shell with this glued to the inside. http://www.homedepot.com/p/R-Tech-1-2-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-R-1-93-Insulating-Sheathing-320810/202533656
Set it over your machine with a light bulb burning inside.

Correct an injector wouldn’t work downstream.

I was using a 12v pump and pushing through all the inlet hoses from all the way through the hose. I might try the air because I do have a big tank compressor and then I would have to stock antifreeze,

Thanks

Air isn’t thorough enough for pumps in my opinion…before I got the heated shop I used compressed air on all my hoses and coils and then just pulled antifreeze into the pumps. A gallon can protect 6 power washers this way.

Doh! Can you tell I don’t have to deal with cold temps? Hit me up when you need sunscreen advice

Upstream injector would work tho… or if the buffer tank is empty you could throw the antifreeze in here.

1 Like