Newbie question but

Hey guys. Just bought a" hi draw" downstream injecter from pressure tek. The description said it had the capability to daw up to 20% solution. Would anyone happen to know what that ratio is off hand?.. like 10:1… 15:1? Couldn’t find it

I think 20% would be 5:1 I don’t know if anyone agrees

1 Like

Thanks for the reply dave. Does anyone know a way of measuring the out flow of one? I’m sure there is a simple trick im not aware of

Fill a 5 gallon bucket up with water. Place your injector hose in it. Turn your machine on. Fill up another 5 gallon bucket from your machine while on. Then see how much is gone from the 5 gallon downstream bucket. Let’s say it has pulled one gallon, then you have a 20:1.

1 Like

20% should be a 1:4 ratio of detergent to water. 1 part soap + 4 parts water = 5 parts total.

So one fifth, or 20% of what comes out of the gun will be your detergent mix. But it’s really only a theoretical number. You need to do a bucket test on your setup to see what your actual output is. The amount of hose and other restrictions before and after the injector, the size of the injector, and the GPM of your machine will all affect the actual output.

You can get better performance by using a smaller injector, especially if you have a long hose run, because it results in a greater pressure drop after the orifice in the injector.

I’ll be trying out a GP hi-draw 2-3gpm injector on my 5.6gpm machine soon. I plan on running some tests and seeing how it performs.

1 Like

Outstanding information guys… thanks for your help and sharing your experience

20;1 ???

20% rather. Not sure what I was thinking lol

I got what you’re saying. Thanks