New trailer setup for a newbie

Hi Guys

Need a little help please, I run a property management company in Florida, look after around 30 homes and I have been pressure washing most of the homes mainly driveways, pool screen home enclosures, sometimes house paintwork gutters, fencing etc.

I bought what I thought was a nice upgrade last year, a Simpson aluminum 3400psi 2.5pm pressure washer. Got a ok deal on it from Lowe’s at the time. It does ok but I am fed up getting clorine in the face when trying get up high using a cheap pressure pump to get the green off and pulling around the washer and hoses all over the place so I want to setup a trailer to make my life easier but also pick up some new business and show customers I mean business.

I have been watching tons of YouTube videos by guys who setup trailers all of which look great but way to big for my needs and space requirements .

I first need a motor and pump, I heard over 4gpm needed and psi doesn’t matter so much? I dont have the resources to carry water about. I was thinking of buying a 11hp Honda motor and then adding a good pump to it but then I found a Pressure Pro Deluxe kit
“Pressure-Pro Deluxe Start Your Own Pressure Washing Business Kit w/ Aluminum Frame, CAT Pump & Belt-Drive Honda Engine”. Model: EB4040HC-HTQBS. That’s 4gpm and 4000psi. For over $2k

Trailer I was going to start real small, a 3.5ft x 5ft Lowe’s utility trailer that be I picked up new for $360.

Would like a good surface cleaner for driveways, I used the cheapo Lowes one that connects to the wand before with good results but want the real thing to help my back.

Looking at about 200ft of pressure hose and reels maybe a little more to get to the back of the homes to clean the cages. Will the length of this depend on the size pump I have?

Either an XJet or downstream injector. Not sure which. I spray Clorine on the pool enclosures and driveways before to help with the process as a pre spray.

Finally a chemical tank, I use about a two gallons per job normally, so maybe a 16 or 25 gallon tank?

Would really appreciate your input. As I said making life easier and maybe pickup a few extra jobs, not looking to do it full time as I have other jobs at the homes that I do too but this could earn me a little more money .

Thank you

Stu

Sounds like a plan Stan,

Not sure what your question is tho.

If you need help picking out motors and reels just utilize the search function to find popular products previously chosen by professionals in this industry.

You can use key words like pump, reel, and anything you can think of.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, yes sorry I should have been clearer really. Not sure if I am allowed to link but I was looking at this setup Pressure-Pro EB4040HC-HTQBS 4000PSI Deluxe Start Your Own Pressure Washing Business Kit w/ Belt-Drive, Aluminum Frame, CAT Pump & Honda GX390 Engine

Does this look like a good setup or would I be better to buy it all separately ? I don’t want a kit that I will be replacing parts of soon as I get it with better items.

I plan on removing the motor and pump from the frame to mount on the trailer…is that what most do or am I paying for a frame for nothing?

It comes with a Hammerhead 18" Surface Cleaner w/ ABS Cover, this is important to me as I will be doing a lot of driveways with it. Is it good enough?

Thanks for the help

Stu

I have a TON of PWRA bookmarks of people’s responses, here are a few links they’ve provided:

man there’s a ton of helpful info on this site, but these links are specific to my questions, find your answers and bookmark them.
happy hunting

2 Likes

that’s a good compilation of items you otherwise would have bought separately, (except for that telescoping wand) i guess that’s a good starter package, just get a J-rod

1 Like

Great links in this post, thanks!

I love bookmarking peoples posts, solid info on here

1 Like

This is the kind of thread I came here for,
sucks having to wade through all the other bs.

1 Like

Just look at it as commercials during Rockford Files. The show is great but you have to put up with a few minutes of fluff. Unless your wife records it for you. Then fast forward and life is good.

Stuart, did you end up going with that kit you posted? I was just looking at it and wondered if I should go that route as a beginner…