New member considering new side business

Hello guys,…

New member,… recent divorce that financially ruined me… (all women are crazy…)

I am blesses to have a great full time job with excellent benefits and i am looking for a side business to suppliment my income and help me support my girls a little more comfortable.

(The new divorce trend~ “divorce texting”… preluded by running up and opening up credit cards on your spouse… $65,000 in my case… what a vile piece of human filth,… supported her for 20 years too… i dont wish this on anyone… its hell)

Any input folks could lend to power washing as a small business would be fantastic…

I was considering just a very basic setup,… the harbor freight 212cc jobber,… i already have a truck.

Hi, welcome to the pwra, sorry about your situation, but don’t make it worse by getting terrible equipment.

Just stick around here for a few months reading and learning before making any purchase, you’ll be happy you did!

Your ROI will depend on your investment, so invest wisely and purposefully, having the right tools will save you time and money later.

1 Like

Bad idea.

Welcome. What kind of a budget do you have right now for equipment? 4GPM is the recommended minimum size for a pressure washer.

You can make money with smaller ones, but they aren’t very efficient.

Search here but leave all the baggage somewhere else. Your comments about all women are crazy makes it pretty clear that you are a “vile piece of human filth” yourself.

2 Likes

I have already owned one but just for home use,… i really liked it but that was for home use…

The other one i was considering was the big block Simpson unit but for that money o want genuine Honda,… and by gosh GX390 not 270,… but i dont see a Simpson with a GX390

I’m completely familiar with the GX family and their clones,… i have a Lifan stroked to 440 on my mudboat pushing likely 20+ horse. Its a thumper

All women are crazy was tongue in cheek, just relax Big Chief,… i replaced the 47 yr old with a 38 yr old,… and doing great.

Lets stay on topic.

1 Like

Just click the PWRA logo located top left and read every post as far back as possible, i like to make sure they all appear in grey, signifying I’ve read them

Budget more specifically,… likely under $1,000

Havent started/ havent bought a stich of equipment but i imagine ghe customer base in my area would be primarily Residential.

Half your post was about your divorce… so let’s chat about divorce. I got married when I was in the Navy when I was too young and dumb to know what it was. I apparently got really lucky because when we were divorced we looked at each other and said this is weird right? Split the tax return, high-fived, and signed uncontested divorce papers. Haven’t spoken to each other since…

3 Likes

Oh Bro i wish that was my scenario,…

I married her at 24, she was 28,… we dated 4 1/2 years,… didnt rush anything…

Enough about that,… i can edit the original post if it will keep us on topic.

I simply need another source of income to suppliment what i already make so i can help my two teen girls.

I dont know why i got on the Simpson units,… looking at ebay at different solutions it seems to be a well made line. But thats why im here.

Tip number one1… Get off eBay…

2 Likes

If you can-high five over divorce papers, you done good! Lol

3 Likes

Sure, where do i shop units?

Not looking to buy until spring and after researching and asking around etc…

Looking to take on a few yards mowing (no investment necessary,… neighbors yards,… great exercise… ) and maybe a job or two (or three) through the week to just suppliment income.

Yep,… that light a load will do me fine.

(High fiving…)

So jealous,… i wish that were my story…

Keep cuttin grass… save some money, get a business name, and insurance. Buy equipment from Pressure Tek

1 Like

Right on i’ll check it out

Thanks

Keep an eye on craigslist for a used 4GPM perhaps.

There are several Facebook groups that specifically sell pressure washing equipment.

http://shop.pressurewasherky.us/

These are some popular vendors, but it’s going to be tough to find anything there if your total budget is less than $1000.

2 Likes