New in soft washing roofs help pls

Any feedback about this pump? Also what will be a good mix for SH to apply on roofs I don’t want to kill any plant’s or anything thanks in advance

Yep, that’s a fine pump for roof cleaning.

As for mix, start light and work your way stronger. By that I mean start with 40% industrial bleach and 60% water. Here is an article I wrote for WCBO magazine about getting into roof cleaning:

http://www.windowcleanerproducts.com/magazine/issue10/roof-cleaning

6 Likes

What about procedures, like I’ve seen videos where they just spray the whole roof and wait a couple of minutes and the job is done , or do I have to rinse the roof after I finish? Thanks for all the help I really appreciated it!!!

2 Likes

Great article… very informative and thorough. Appreciated.

@Sergio_Flores Where did u find that pump setup?

Before anyone say it I have been reading post about roof washing there just a few things I haven’t been able to find…

Iv been looking at maybe trying out roofs next yr and trying to see what all is involved. I know I’d need a 12v 5.5gpm or a 7gpm for applying my roof mix. But I’m trying to figure out on the rinsing method. Do I use the same hose I apply mix with or would I need a different hose for rinsing? How are u guys doing this?

Nice machine you have there. This is really making me consider doing the small 1 story homes from a small ladder.

Bandit – drop stick – soap tank— water tank— is what I’m going to start out with next year. Be able to keep my mix as strong or weak as I want and easily be able to switch to rinse with the drop stick if needed. I’ll probably use it to soap or rinse when house washing with a helper as we get busy mid june as well.

So is the big tank for the chemicals or the small tank?

Btw I don’t think these guys are on the forum much anymore.

Yea I’m not sure but I figured someone would see it and comment

I let Mother Nature do the rinse. As a plus the wait for rain lets the chlorine die down in the sun and makes it less harmful for the grass

1 Like

Iv seen where a lot ppl say do that. but say they aren’t calling for rain for a few weeks can u let go without rinsing?

1 Like

Why not. They look pretty much perfect without rinsing.

You can’t tell I didn’t rinse the section I sprayed.

1 Like

What was your mix ratio and what surfactant are you using? Looks awesome.

That looks good, I was just under the impression that u had to rinse but reading a lot on here I was just confused.

You like that huh? My 2nd roof. Lol

1 Like

40% SH 13% (according to pool service company) 60% water with elemonator and cling first tank mixed. 50/50 on second tank. These pics are 50/50

1 Like

@bluewave18ft that looks good

I’ve got a roof tomorrow. It’s small enough to x-jet, but I’m gonna cut my teeth with the fatboy pump. My plan is to go 40/60 based on a post @thad put up a couple years ago.

@bluewave18ft How much mix in total did you use on that particular roof?

I have 22 gallons of bleach in the tank, gonna fill the rest with water, and learn on the fly how much it took since I can use the mix again on Friday.

1 Like

@squidskc would mind posting before and after and how everything u did worked tomorrow? I’m looking at getting into doing a few roofs next yr. Guy gave me a 55gal tank so I’m looking at building me a 12v setup.

1 Like