New Guy intro

Hello all,

First of all, I want to thank all of you, as I have been lurking on this site for months while I was setting up my mobile power wash trailer and have gain a wealth of knowledge.

Small little blurb about myself, I have been looking at starting a power wash business for a couple years while still working my current job in manufacturing and service. I purchased a used mobile wash trailer with less the 100h on it, completely cleaning it out and reinstalling to my likings, and am working part time after hours and weekends to get my feet wet in the industry. I would like to focus on fleet washing but as of now am taking anything that comes my way.

Thanks Nik

edited this post…

Are you using high pressure on the roof? Generally roof cleaning is a low pressure job. Chems sprayed on with a pump ( 12 volt, air pump, whatever). Chems dwell then are rinsed off. I don’t do much wood and have never cleaned ceder but from what I know you need to hit the wood with a neutralizer and possibly brightener… Not 100% on the process as its not my thing but theres tons of info here. Search for ceded, wood, roofs…any combo of those should yield good results.

Will do, appreciate the reply

No problemo. Good luck with your venture

I do a lot of shingle and tile roofs. Tile roofs are extremely dangerous. Like walking on snot. You are wise to be waring a harness. I know if I didnt ware one I wouldnt be here today, what I do after spraying roof down with s.h is to go to peak of roof and clean a safe spot off then work my way down standing on what I just cleaned. be safe

Here you go, you’ll think you’re a squirrel with these

But, you don’t need to get on roof to clean. Go to Youtube and search for Sullivan Roof cleaning. He’s the cedar roof expert

Love this site!!

Thank you guys for your advice!!

Nik

Does Sullivan use sh for the cedar roofs and decks? I’ve watched a few of his videos but doesn’t seem to reveal that

Good question and if he does use SH how crazy of a mix is it i see he slrayes mix then just garden hose rinses of tons of moss… omg thats awesome

Yes I would love to know his mix and % of what products.

He has hinted that it’s citrus based but it would be great to know the formula.

Pay him like $3000-$4000 to join his network and he’ll tell you.