Need help in figuring out how to get commercial jobs, Not pricing

My name is Corey Lemoine I am the operator and owner of L.N.T Pressure Washing LLC. I have been in the business for right around two years now. I love what I do, but I truly need advice on how to get commercial clients and or contracts. How do I find out who is taking bids? What do you do in order to get commercial clients? I appreciate all advice, and am not sensitive being im a leather neck marine. Let em rip. I will be waiting for all replies. Please help me grow my business.

I am one operator I have a cold water 4000psi 4 gpm machine pressure pro on a 5x8 trailer with a 300 gallon water tank and 250 ft of pressurized hose, two surface cleaners 24 inch and 18 inch. I know I do not have hot water or a Huge set up but I promise My long term goal is to have better equipment.

I am not a fly by night, Insured and licensed.

Once again any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Depending on what you branch into you may or may not need hot water, but you need a minimum of 8 gpm to be efficient. If you want apartments join Louisiana - Apartment Association of Louisiana| Property Management | Resident Retention | Apartment Investment or something similar. Most of those cost about $500 a year to be a member and $1500 to set up a table at their trade shows for a couple of hours to hand out coffee mugs, pens etc with your name on them. I haven’t done them in a few years but an investment of a few thousand bucks brings me close to a million a year in apartment revenue. Going to individual apartments won’t help much as regional managers usually make outside vendor decisions. I know nothing about parking garages, fast food dumpster pads, hood cleaning or much of anything but houses and apartments. I got that pretty much figured out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes I completely agree with the 8gpm machine, That is the ultimate goal 8gpm 4k psi hot water. But for now I have to work with what I have. Thank you for the information like I said anything helps, that is a great idea about the setting up a booth of some sort. The biggest issue I always run into, is finding or talking to the decision maker. And I am pretty sure I am priced fairly competitively being I dont want to low ball the market around where I am for the other great companies.

The thing about the booths is the decisions makers come to you. Part of the deal of you paying so much money is they are obligated to come by your booth. You gotta sell at that point. Only thing you need hot water for is concrete in mass quantities. I haven’t had a hot water machine since 2000.

Great!!! yeah have them come to you sounds like the smartest thing ive heard. and I had the assumption that if i was to do heavy soiled grease spots i would need hot water so i wouldn’t have to use as much chemical.

I have called several property management companies around town, I tell them who I am, what my company does and ask if I can send them free info. 99% sat yes of course . I have a nice lay out, bound, a few pages of what we do. I’ve built pretty good relationships and am note listed as a preferred contractor in their need letters. It’s worked out pretty nice and is s simple as picking up the phone

2 Likes

I don’t wash anything that has bad concrete other than gum in breezeways and a turbo nozzle handles that. Not saying you don’t need hot water. I just don’t need it in the commercial arena I’m in. I’m

1 Like

That is my plan for tomorrow I plan on calling a few property managers, and general contractors maybe so i can sub contract for them. Also how do you get on a preferred contractor list? Thank you for your feed back can you tell me what you think of my website and what exactly should i send in said email? before and afters? reviews?

www.lntpressurewashingllc.com

and facebook page Facebook

No that is actually perfect I thought I didn’t amount to the next guy because of not having hot water even though my work speaks for it self. Makes me feel better knowing you dont use it. And I figured gum would come off with a turbo nozzle haven’t ran into gum yet though, mainly residential concrete and homes.

On your website —under “services” tab you have grammar errors.
*Residential houses, commercial buildings, warehouse’s, business’s, etc

Maybe some of the wizards here can explain why it’s wrong ?

Your image comes across as small time, residential outfit. I’d redo the website, unless your SEO is #1 or #2, then don’t touch anything except the grammar errors. Mis spelled words can actually cause you to rank lower.

If you don’t show up on the first page, redo the website to portray more of a commercial outfit, and get out there and become a salesman. Start with small commercial jobs first.Maybe stop by a local business and barter services. Pressure washing for free tires. Etc. Then have some major advertising when you’re cleaning the tire shop on a busy road.(signs ,etc) This is how things start to snowball.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice will start redoing it now. Had no Idea about the grammar errors so thank you for being grammar police. Truly appreciate it.

I just re vamped my website can you give me some more constructive criticism? Thank you again.

I would suggest starting from scratch on your site. Use wordpress instead of weebly (more search friendly) and maybe consider finding a shorter domain name. That one must be a pain to read on the fly.

LNTwash.com and LNTpressureWash.com are both available (not case sensitive- just written that way for clarity).

If you go with LNTWASH, you could get it on a vanity plate and do something like this:

When you rebuild your site, read everything you can on good SEO. There is a ton of good info available on the sister forum, windowcleaningresource.com, and multitudes of sites and blogs devoted to SEO.

Number one thing you’re missing right now, are location keywords. I couldn’t find a single mention of your service area on your site. No way you’ll show up on Google without it. Major service areas should be mentioned somewhere on every page.

Sorry I don’t have any advice specific to gaining commercial accounts. I’m mostly residential. But pretty much all of the commercial customers we have, have come through our site. So a well built site is important.

1 Like

Thank you for all of the advice really good advice for sure, Unfortunately I dont have the funds to completely re build a new website. But i will definitely keep that in mind and also will start learning about search engine optimization. So are you stating that I need to name cities as in example my city Lafayette Louisiana on my site? and or other cities surrounding me? Thank you Alex!!!

Wordpress is free. Many of the themes are free or under $50. You can get a new domain and hosting started for as little as $10/mth thu 1and1.com.

Checkout my site to see what I mean about the service areas. My site is far from perfect, but I rank well for my market, despite not really making any improvements or blogging for the last 3+ years: Cleanvt.com.

1 Like

Alex your website is very impressive, Thank you for sharing. I will def look into it!