Need help bidding a small stucco job

hey guys so i have to submit a bid for this stucco sign. this will be my first pressure washing job and my first attempt at bidding a job. the sign is pretty dirty but fairly small. i have a 4000 psi 4 gpm machine belt fed, pulling from a buffer tank and will be down streaming a “mix” of - hopefully someone will tell me if i’m wrong but 2 gal SH 3 gal water 5 - 6 ounces of elemonator applied at low pressure. dwell. rinse.

2nd question - should i take any special precaution washing around the electronic display? other than not spraying directly at it and just trying to avoid contact with any wiring and such. i mean it’s an outside sign that sees regular south MS rain so i don’t think it should be an issue. but please correct me.

your advice is appreciated -
thanks for the help

Stucco will need more of a roof strength mix. Got a X-jet?

no xjet but i have the DS kit and softwash tip set from pressuretek. so i should make my SH a little rich in the mix? and what would be a good way to quote something like this?

The stucco we’ve done a downstream mix wouldn’t even begin to touch it. We had to use our roof pump to get a heavy enough solution to clean it. Good luck

Your down stream mix needs to start off stronger. we use full-strength bleach with detergent to down-stream.When down-streaming the mix will be diluted. You need to figure out what your dilution ratio is.Good luck with your first washing opportunity!

That digital display looks expensive. What is weather-proof is not necessarily bleach-proof. If there’s any feasible way of tarping and taping over all the sensitive components, I’d do it. Otherwise, I might pass on the job.

Since it’s such a small area, you could possibly use a pump sprayer to apply a strong bleach mix. More labor intensive, and it may be difficult getting it up high enough. But if you can deal with those issues, it’s a dead-cheap way of making sure you get a strong enough solution on the surface.

that’s really what I was afraid of. I think I’m going to try and tarp the display and use a pump sprayer and just take my time on it. might not be much profit (if any this time) but I hate to pass on one of the first opportunities I have to work.

thanks for all the help guys. i’ll check back in if I end up taking the job.

Tape, tarp, use precautions & get it clean. Pump up looks like your best option, good luck.