My first shingle roof wash with an x-jet

Here’s a before and after of my first shingle roof wash, I used 10% SH straight in the bucket with no proportioner,and used dawn as a surfactant. I know everyone on here will tell me to get cling on or roof snot but besides that any opinions or suggestions? Thanks

Not sure why the photo is distorted, or if it’s just my phone but lmk

Yea it looks like there are wavy lines, a better pic would have been from on top of the roof or a ladder

Why did you blot out your equipment?

That’s not my equipment it’s the signs on my truck, and just for privacy reasons idk lol

Ah ok cool

Nah most people show their rigs here, in fact there’s whole threads on just that

I see this is your first shingle roof wash with the X-Jet…have you done any metallic roofs with the x-jet? Another couple questions for you. How many gallons of 10% did it take you to do this roof and what was the square footage of the roof in your pictures? I’m interested in doing roofs with my X-jet.

No I haven’t done Metal roof with the Xjet. I’m working on a 12v SoftWash system and as soon as it’s fully ready I probably will never use the xjet for roofs again tbh. Pain in the ass sometimes but it’s getting the job done for now. I used about 16 gallons of SH, and I’m not sure on the sq footage. Basing my estimates on a per sq foot rate is something I’m looking at starting soon, but just haven’t yet.

1 Like