My first aggregate cleaning

Cleaned my first aggregate driveway and walk, today. It actually went better than I expected…except the rinsing was a little slower due to the aggregate impeding water flow and angle on driveway was not ideal.

7 Likes

Houses look good when you clean the footpath and curb too :slight_smile:
Half this path is still dark because it’s wet but you can definantly see the boundary where I stopped cleaning yesterday.

You use straight pressure, or pre treat?

I did wet it first…but no pretreat.

Whisper Wash Ground Force 4 nozzle bar surface cleaner.

Should have - always

Turned out good. Would have saved you some time tho.

1 Like

I am gonna get my 12v hooked up…I have tried it with my house mix and it did not seem to make a difference over just wetting it. But, when I can put a stronger mix down, I am sure that it will help.

This was 1600sq ft…took me 1:20 from roll up till I was rolling off.

Did you post treat?

She didn’t want me to do that.

I have started doing that if the owner doesn’t object.

She is letting me come back tomorrow and wash the house…:grin:

I never ask the owner. I just do what’s necessary to clean it. PT would have gotten rid of the lines.

1 Like

That is the reason that I have started do it…most times the owner is not there. This lady is an accountant and works at home…so, she was there for the whole thing…as she will be tomorrow.

I think the driveway looking so different probably sold the house wash.

Also, backyard neighbor came by and got my card while I was on the drive and neighbor across the street in front will probably want the same that this lady is getting. The customer went across to her house as I was leaving and I am pretty sure they were discussing it.

Talking about that pre and post treat…I really need to go ahead and get the pump rigged up. I cleaned a drive the other day that had some leaf and acorn spots left…I think that if that pump and mix had been available, the stronger post treat would have lightened those spots or totally removed them.

1 Like

Racer are you sayings ALWAYS wash the driveway first before you wash it with your washer?
what does that do to it

If it’s bad, just pre-treat. Most the time I just use my hw mix. Just wets it and gets some soap on it as well as a little SH. If really bad will use my 4gpm downstreamed because get a stronger mix or direct apply. If not really bad, sometimes the pre-treatment will do 75% of the cleaning for you. Same concept as letting dirty dishes soak for a few minutes. Helps loosen dirt so can clean faster. Some guys just ds straight bleach, but I’ve found if I add a little surfactant, it helps.