More advertising and business growth?

This is my second season in business (we just started back up last week) and ive really been trying to hit my advertising heavy. I dont understand how some of you book weeks in advance. I pretty much do every type of advertising that is recommended by all of you (Website, google campaigns, lawn signs, A LOT of direct mail services, wear a uniform etc etc.) and from the quotes i do get called too i would say the closing rate is about 80-85% so in that aspect i believe i do well. However, the phone just doesnt ring enough! Can anybody give me any more tips on advertising and how to get my name out there? Obviously everybodys untilmate goal is to be busy 7 days a week but just cant seem to get there

It takes a couple of yrs to get your name out there and word of mouth is supreme. In the beginning I always went above and beyond and did free extras. If your honest,trustworthy and do great work they will come. Goodluck

1 Like

Online reviews, being centrally located in a city with 3/4 of its residents in surrounding suburbs, HomeAdvisor, are our biggest drivers for business.

Off the wall ideas that work for us:

1. If you’re not centrally located or your address isn’t in the town you want to work in the most (aka people with money who take care of their homes) consider a virtual business address or UPS box in or as close to that place as possible. When people in the area you want to be in put pressure washing into Google your map listing is the first one they see even if you don’t have a website that shows up in the top 3 searches.

2. If you have to make a run to the hardware store, don’t park at the hardware store park by the cart corral’s by target, bed bath and beyond, pier one. These places tend to attract more women shoppers a.k.a. the decision-makers and people with higher expendable income. On more than one occasion while in the store I’ve gotten a call from somebody that seeing our logos on our truck in a different parking lot. If you’re out to eat at a restaurant don’t park at the restaurant people are more worried about finding parking then reading the logos it in your truck. Park at a grocery store or one of the stores above. But always by the cart corral.

3. Put Facebook swap and shops into the form search bar and you’ll find how we advertise for free and get no less than three jobs per month from Facebook for free.

3 Likes

The parking at stores frequented by women works. I was eating lunch in my truck today between Beauty Brands and Ross between jobs. Scheduled two estimates for after the afternoon job from two different ladies that came up to my window.

Huge signs that say what you do help.

1 Like