Moderators?

I see the calls for active moderators. Is that really what you want?

No man. Itā€™s bad enough you have to deal with it as it is. Imagine if everyone went crying to you if they thought a mod was unfair. It will blow over soon.

2 Likes

I think the forum is incredibly helpful and on the tracks 80% of the time, but we get some real chowderheads sometimes.

My suggestion would be this:

I think we can community moderate if thereā€™s a way that, say 10 flags from 10 different users and a thread or a comment or a knucklehead just goes away.

5 Likes

Pwease can I has be moderator @Chris

PWEASE!

Iā€™ll be the bestest!

Agreed. I think adding active moderators would increase workload for the new moderators and current moderators.

Setting up to community moderate could be a little bit of work in the short term, but could solve the troll problem even if they come back under a different name they wonā€™t be here for long or theyā€™ll tighten up so they donā€™t get booted again.

Yes but do it like YouTube does, like the mod could ban a guy for a day. Then second warning ban him for 3 days 3rd warning a week 4th time heā€™s outā€¦

2 Likes

For context, hereā€™s the thread that started everything.

IB insulted a forum member, and that forum member politely asked him not to comment. IB continued to insult him, and that person repeatedly tried to get IB to stop the insults and provide advice.

IB started insulting a second forum member, and eventually ended up calling them both hacks and rage quitting the forum, even though both of the forum members had been polite.

This is what set off the firestorm of arguments. The entire forum attacked the first dude, because IB left, and that person eventually cracked and started responding negatively.

We dont need community moderators. We need someone to get it through IBā€™s thick head to stop ticking people off. 99% of forum drama problems solved, instantly. Truth.

Honestly man. Itā€™s this the thread that has got your gravy salty? Iā€™ve been trying to figure out what I said that got you so riled up. I gotta stick with my comments in that thread. Iā€™m not much on apologies but there isnā€™t much there to be upset about. Back to one of my original comments there, arenā€™t you afraid customers will see the stuff people like him post? Straighten up and fly right. Letā€™s move on.

I think you might have misunderstood the larger point i was making. You have a history of insulting people, which many forum regulars have called you out over, at one point or another. Several in this thread. When you added the dramatic ā€˜im leaving forever because of you twoā€™ to this one, it caused the forum to lose their mind, and start attacking that dude.

One thing led to another, and now the admin is having to waste time reading all of this.

In my opinion, 99% of the forum drama would disapear if you would stop with your antics. My opinon. In the vast minority. Singular, perhaps.

Technically, yes, your behavior in that thread is unquestionably in violation of the forum guidelines. Thereā€™s a reason those rules exist, and they are there for everyone. I didnt write them, so go after the people that did, if you dont like hearing that.

P.S. - Iā€™m not riled up. :wink:

1 Like

Am i worried that people might see this guy (although reallyā€¦ comeonā€¦ what ā€˜civilianā€™ in their right mind would read this stuff) asking other professionals how to do his job better? Nope.

I think the better question is are you? If so, that directly contradicts this dramatic post you previously made:

So which IB am i talking to right now? The one that couldnā€™t care less about the industry, thinks people shouldnt use this forum for advice, and ā€œhates pressure washingā€, or the guy that is so worried about how customers might react to reading this forum (come onā€¦) that he uses that as justification for acting like a total jackhead to other members?

If you decide to publicly call for the forum to ban me again after reading this, let me know if you will also be repeating the follow up private message, where you act like my best bud and tell me to call you if i need anythingā€¦ i want to make sure i am awake for it. :wink:

1 Like

Or, you know, just keep on doing what you are doing. This is dumb for me to put so much time into, especially when itā€™s just me taking the position. Ive said what i felt needed to be said, no reason for me to keep going with it.

Respond or dont respond, doesnt matter. Im not commenting on this issue again, you guys handle it like you want. IB you can act however you want, i dont care, and i wont hold your behavior against you, nor will i bring it up again. If the forum is ok with it, then i will respect that.

If anyone wants to hold what ive been saying against me, i understand, but realize that Iā€™ve only been doing what i personally thought was the right thing to do. Itā€™s just not worth this much time and effort, or drama for the forum.

1 Like

Itā€™s a new day fellas. Have a good one.

1 Like

Dam the sun came up and not a mushroom cloud to be seen anywhere in the skyā€¦

A can of mushroom soup over a deer ham I the crock pot is good eating

I donā€™t see the need. Technically, there are people like you and I guess Josh who have access to the nuclear codes, so in essence there is moderation when needed. I vote leave it as is. The current systems works fine. We know where to find you if we need to call in an air strike.

3 Likes

Can we use @Chris air strike is requested at latitude ding dong, longitude goonishness afoot as code?

Yea @Steve (the man) Has the right idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Newark. Just sayin :wink:

1 Like

Newark NJ would be AWESOME place to WASH 1 of those airstike planes.

1 Like

Yes we need them.