Mix Ratio / Pressure Washer vs Low Pressure Pumps

Just getting started in Houston. So far I am brush washing homes and using a trailer mounted 4000PSI/4GPM (CAT 66DX with 18HP Honda) pressure washer with GP 22" surface cleaner for ground surfaces and also using machine for rinsing various surfaces. I want to use less elbow grease (brushing) and utilize the softwash process. I understand the difference between the two is nothing more than amount of pressure at surface being cleaned.

My question is this: If using my pressure washer to soft wash, do I simply strengthen solution since I will only be collecting 20%-25% of solution using downstream method? I have found several solution ratios for low pressure pumps but nothing regarding using pressure washer. I would imagine that the cleaning solution would be diluted far to much with down streaming therefore I would need a stronger solution. Thanks in advance.

You will learn a lot more, more quickly by using the search tools and the terms “Housewash” “softwash” “soft wash” “Housewash mix” than you will asking questions and waiting for people to respond. There’s a ton of info about the question you asked that’s already available on here.

As for a quick answer, if you utilize the proper nozzles and Housewash mix, you’ll almost never touch that brush!

1 Like