Minimum Charge

I know its different for everyone, and some of you bigger operation guys have no time for small jobs, but wanted to see what is the minimum you will do a job for?

I gave a quote yesterday for a lady that only wants her porch down. Lot of dirt but just a few green spots. I did walk around the rest of the house, 3000 sq ft vinyl, and it was clean. Found it kind of odd that porch was so filthy and literally nothin else but the drive way and side walks was nasty. I tried to offer cleaning on the drive, but she was not interested.

I charged her my minimum $75. Itll take me longer to unload/clean up than it will for the porch.

Have run into few people this summer than only want a patio, shed, etc cleaned. Im happy to throw it in for super cheap on a full house job, but doesnt always work out like that.

Nothing wrong with small jobs as long as you price them accordingly… I do believe 75 is to low of a minimum. Next couple times you go out on a small job quote 89 dollars. See how that works. The lower income people for the most part will almost automatically say yes to anything under 100. At least that has been my experience. It does not take much sales skill to show value in a 14 dollar difference. Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

Ok will try the $89… like i said only a handful of times ive had to deal with it.

The idea of doing a small job is for several reasons
1 do a good job and they call you later
2 do a good job and the neighbor hires you
3. Do a good job then get more work while you are there (up sell)
4 The customer has paid for your gas to get to the neighborhood. So go hand out 100 flyers or door hangers.
5 while handing out your door hangers drive you rig to the busy street. And park it there so everyone sees your sign
6 leave your yard sign in their yard and a couple on the busy streets when you leave

6 Likes

Yard signs are on the agenda for next year for sure.

And yes, i agree with doing a good job. 60% of my work has been word of mouth, or neighbors seeing the job after completion.

Our min is $125.00 thinking about going to $150.00 Seems like you run your self to death doing all the min bid jobs? Not worth it in the long run! Most are price shoppers any way! Haven’t had much luck trying to up sell on most.

yep. I let my prospect know that I have a $149 minimum, and that I always add value to my job. Usually on something small I will tell them that nothing they’ve told me over the phone would cause it to go any highe and we can search out other things I can clean while I’m there. If they balk, I’ll ask for further details and if I want the job will offer them a discount below my minimum. BUT, I can ill afford to spend a lot of time traveling, setting up. breaking down, and my overhead for less.

My minimum is $150.

Guess i need to start charging more :joy:

… or come sub jobs for me :wink::wink::wink: I anticipate the need for a sidekick by the Spring, just in time for you to satisfy your need to go out and kill some animals in the woods.

1 Like

I hope that is the case… lots of uglys stuff to clean in this area.

I would hunt vegetables but they just freaking sit there…

Not much sport there, huh? NOW, if the deer had guns, THEN there’d be REAL sport! OR, if the turkeys could drop bombs on their hunters, now that’s a reality show I’d pay to see :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I wish those cows and hogs at the slaughter house could shoot back, too. Heck, they can’t even run…not real fair for them nor much sport there, either.

Are we hating on hunting?

Not me…I love it.

Seems like MSV may have a problem with it…thinking that the animals don’t have a chance…

Yep. But a New York Strip or rack of ribs, a nice smoked brisket or well barbecued pulled pork butt is a thing of beauty. Makes it difficult to take a stand. Vegetarianism is so freakin’ tough for me. But I get where you’re coming from. I think man’s inhumanity to man ranks higher on my list than man’s inhumanity to pigs and cows. Just sayin’.

NY Strip?? Come mannnn gotta go for Ribeye or Porterhouse.

I am a meatatarian. Don’t need vegetables. The animals eat the veggies then I eat them. Its a well balanced meal. LOL. actually I don’t hunt. It is much more cost efficient to go to the store not to mention its way warmer. My wife is a veggie. She made me take her to some famous veggie joint up here. The owner wrote some books back in the seventies or eighties and all the veggies think it’s mecca for them, anyways is called Moose head or moosewood, in ithaca NY. When we were there all around the front door was take out containers from regular restaurants laying around. The veggies would go eat a burger then leave it out side the moose joint so they wouldn’t be seen with it… When they left the joint they picked up the leftovers and took them with them I got a chuckle out of it.

I only get veggies cause im diabetic… i hate it, but id like to live to enjoy atleast 5 years of retirement.

With that said i have taken a liking to some of the silly stuff the wifey recommends and cooks… even though its not potatoe based.