Mega Thread - Countdown to the Pressure Washers Event of the Century

There is such an insane amount of stuff going on @ This year’s HUGE Convention I wanted to get everything that’s happening all in one place.

Why did we start The HUGE Convention for window cleaners?

My First Convention
I started my window cleaning & pressure washing business in late September 1999. I spent my days working at beautiful houses thinking about building a large business. I pictured having 50 employees. A big shop space and a full office staff dispatching window cleaners all across our county. Working alone gives you a lot of time to think big and daydream.

It seemed like an impossible dream until I attended my first industry convention. In February 2003, I attended my first conference in Atlanta Georgia. I was broke as a joke and had no business trying to justify a such an expense. I had a good feeling about it though and decided to go. As I look back attending this particular conference is one of the best business decisions I ever made.
The experience was so great it was almost magical! It wasn’t something specific that I had heard or learned there that made it so great. Rather it was a culmination of things that came together to make such a great experience.
It opened my eyes to what was possible. For the first time, I got to talk to 200 other people that did the same thing I did every day. It wasn’t the classes or the trade show, it was just hanging around and talking shop with my peers. I met guys that were exactly where I wanted to be.
There were actually other people out there that were doing what I had been dreaming about. My dream was possible! I went home implemented a lot of what I had learned and everything in my business immediately changed.

The Decline
Over the years, unfortunately, the conventions started to decline. With the advent of online forums , window cleaners didn’t need to attend anymore. They could find out about all the new tools and information with a couple of clicks. Instead of making an annual trip to a far off part of the country, they could get everything they needed from home.
Complacency also played a role in the decline. A board of volunteers detached from our industry follow a formula and put it together year after year. It gets put together quickly, and they accept almost anyone that’s interested in speaking.
You can’t fault the volunteers because they are just that. They are only volunteers! Busy running their businesses, they don’t have the time to put together a great event. The bare amount of effort gets put in, and a mediocre event is the result. Because of these two factors attendance has cut in half over the years.

Building Our Own Convention
For the past five years my partner, Thad Eckhoff had been putting together a networking event. NOLA was its name, a small and intimate event that saw about 75 attendees each year. I attended my first one in 2010, and it blow me away. For the first time in years, there was a great event. The magic was back!
Thad worked all year to put together an incredible list of industry speakers. They spoke on business topics and took the time to interact with the audience. They didn’t talk about equipment, techniques or the latest gear. They spoke with authority on solid business building topics. Real tangible stuff you could learn about and implement in your business right way.
The whole trick to why this worked is he only invited presenters that he personally wanted to hear. He wanted to learn something as well. The bar was set high and there was no fluff. If they weren’t great, they weren’t invited to speak.

Year 1
We set off to replicate the small exclusive networking feel from NOLA in a larger environment. In 2013, we had our first annual convention in Nashville Tennessee. We wanted to see what would happen if we focused all year on putting together one incredible event. How amazing could we make it?
We spent months attempting to put together the perfect event. Speakers were cultivated and vetted. For the trade show, we only invited the best most reputable vendors. Extreme attention was given to every detail. We sourced industry veterans, with real business expertise and professional speaking abilities.
Our first event went off without a hitch, and the reviews were phenomenal. The 250 attendee contractors that attended raved about the experience. The common thread in all the reviews was how much they had gained by attending.

2013 - Read about Year 1 & checkout the Photos & Video

2014 - Read about Year 2 & checkout the Photos & Video

[2015 - Read about Year 3 & check out the Photos & Video]((http://thehugeconvention.com/2015-the-huge-convention-recap/)

The 2015 event was a real breakthrough for us. We were able to move the event to a more affordable location for the attendees and the overall quality of the event improved dramatically.

Watch this video it will give you an idea of what went down at last year’s event:

2015 was hands down the industries largest event. Yes, this is a real picture!

683 people were in the house making it by far the largest gathering of professional window cleaners & pressure washers.

The feedback from attendees was phenomenal

After Event survey results:

Some comments from attendees:

It’s great here!! Loving it
Gerard Petersen Petersen Pressure Wash

The Huge Convention is more than some classes and a chance to see some friends and equipment. It is a unique melting pot of ideas, camaraderie, and energy that is unmatched in this industry!
Matt AdwellAdwell Services

Thanks, you really out did yourself. It was a phenomenal convention. I came home fired up ready to grow!
Chris MartinezLove My Windows

We will definitely be attending next year’s event.
Craig KellerShine Thru

It was my first time going to the event this year and I was blown away with the venue, and the speakers.
Craig KellerShine Thru

Looking forward to bringing my wife to next years event in DC so she can see what all the excitement is about.
John TornabeneClean County Powerwashing

As a company who has been in business for years, it was refreshing to listen to Howard Partridge speak about the operations of a business instead of hearing about how to wash stuff and what machines or chems to use.
James VanHandelInnovative Pressure Cleaning

The convention was epic right in the start with Howard Partridge as key note speaker. I find myself practicing his suggestions on a daily basis!
Let me know when to book the 2016 event, I’m there!” Sheila Smeltzer

Sheila SmeltzerA+ Pro Services

Worth every Penny!
Adam PoeA Brighter Day Powerwash

Keynote speaker was excellent. Congrats on the great turn out!
Vickie EubanksSouth Shore Building Services, Inc.

The info I learn is invaluable to my business.
John HuepenbeckerAll Clean NC

Click here to read 100+ more rave reviews

Just a few more things about how awesome the 2015 event was… before we get on to this years show.

CleanerTimes Magazine was there covering the event. This is what they had to say:

Eclean Magazine was there covering the event. This is what they had to say:

The Window Cleaning Magazine was there covering the event. This is what they had to say:

Ok finally on to the 2016 event!

Ill start off by saying this years event is shaping up to be twice as good as last year.

We have:

• More high quality speakers, presentations and classes.

• We have a bigger trade show with even more vendors than ever.

• There is even more networking events scheduled

• There are even more giveaways than last year.

When - August 11, 12 & 13

Where - Maryland - National Harbor - Gaylord Resort

Click Here for full instructions on how to drive or fly in.

The hotel is so beautiful and there is so much stuff to do in the area. Lots of people bring their whole family and make a little vacation out of it. I usually do!

Check out some photos of the hotel:

That looks super fancy - Can I do it on the cheap?

Absolutely! Many people including myself do!

Unlike our old Tenseness location, you can walk right out the door here into the beautiful city. There are delis, bars, convenience stores, restaurants, etc. Just a 200-foot walk from the front door.

I also usually pack some food with me to eat in my room when I can. It is 100% possible to do this without breaking the bank.

We created a whole list of fun things you can do in the area. - http://thehugeconvention.com/in-the-area/

Ok on to the event and what goes down:

There are 6 main components to the event.

The Best Keynote Address
You’ll be blown away by the keynote speaker this year!

Amazing Classes*
Amazing speakers, amazing topics, amazing experience!

The Biggest Trade Show
Check out the new equipment! Visit with your favorite vendors.

HUGE Giveaways
Last year our generous exhibitors gave away $37,000.00 worth of prizes.

Endless Networking
The most window cleaning & pressure washing contractors in one spot.

So Much Fun
So much fun and so many smiles. Form lifelong friendships.

Featured Speakers / Keynote Address

It’s HUGE we have 3 main room speakers this year.

Joshua Latimer

Founder

Even if your business is small, you are the CEO.
You are an executive and you may not even know it.
Your family, business, employees and community NEED you to step into this role.

Let me show you how a simple shift in the way you think can change everything in your business and life. Leadership is more than giving the people around you orders. Leadership starts with yourself and spills into every area of your life.

• Prepare to be MOTIVATED.
  • Prepare to be INSPIRED.
  • Prepare to take ACTION.

Howard Partridge
Phenomenal Products
Founder

Howard Partridge started his cleaning business out of the trunk of his car and built it up to a multi-million dollar, turnkey business. He has 40 team members that run his companies for him.

For the past 20 years, Howard has been helping business owners learn his proven systems so they can stop being a slave to their business and have more time with their families.

His company coaches in over 100 industries, he is the exclusive business coach for Ziglar, Inc. the world’s first Ziglar Legacy Trainer, founding member of the John Maxwell Team, a Certified Human Behavior Consultant, a 4 time Amazon.com best selling author, a husband, father and a man of faith.

Secretary Gail Bassette
Maryland Dept of General Services
Secretary

Gail Bassette has served as Secretary of the Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) and a member of Governor Hogan’s Executive Cabinet since January 2015. Secretary Bassette is responsible for nearly $1 billion in annual contract administration. Under her leadership, DGS supports state and local government agencies by providing expertise and technical support for a full spectrum of design and construction, facilities operations, security, procurement, real estate and surplus property services.

Before joining the Hogan administration, Secretary Bassette was president and CEO of TCE, Inc., which she started over 20 years ago. The multi-million dollar strategic management and business development firm primarily offered management consulting services to federal and state government agencies in project management, organizational development and training. The company also provided small business development services.

Ron Zaharian
Profit First Partners
Co-founder and Managing Partner

It took twelve minutes and thirty two seconds, give or take a millisecond. Ron and author Mike Michalowicz debated how to help businesses that were seeking financial fortitude. Mike had the fix: Profit First. Ron had the plan: Profit First Professionals. After their twelve minute discussion the decision was clear, the Profit First Professionals organization was to be created. Having built multiple companies in the staffing industry, Ron leads our membership of world class accountants, bookkeepers and business coaches who guide entrepreneurs to the highest degrees of profitability.

Ron has over 15 years experience in managing organizational growth, is a thought leader in business cash flow management and is a popular speaker on the topic of, you guessed it, profit.

Keith Kalfas
The Landscaping Employee Trap
Host

Keith has a famous Youtube Channel called The Landscaping Employee Trap.
He gets 500,000 views a month online. He also owns a landscaping business as well as a window cleaning business. He is the founder of The Window Cleaning Blueprint and wrote the book “How to Make $500 a Day Cleaning Windows”.

Keith says, “I want to help and inspire people forever.”
His passion is sharing his story of struggle to success with the world by means of social media, books and public speaking.

Ryan Wilkins
Beacon Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Owner

Mr. Wilkins is the owner of Beacon Roof & Exterior Cleaning, Florida’s leader in Government and Commercial Exterior Cleaning.

Curt Kempton
Symphosize, LLC
Owner

Curt Kempton started his window cleaning company to be different than any of his competitors. His company became famous as “A customer service company… that just happens to do windows.” After growing from just himself and a truck to a multi-crew business, he sold his company 8 years later to focus on his passion of building systems for other like-minded business owners. Today his company, Symphosize llc, makes ResponsiBid and other tools to do exactly that. His passion to build long-term success for others using his real-world experience makes his talks interesting to listen to. You will be able to relate to his stories, and learn from his creative way of solving every day tasks by asking yourself questions about how you can push yourself to the next level.