Masonry renewal/ cleaning brick homes

This past season we got calle to various jobs (brick residential homes) with tons of staining (white runs which i assume is from the mortar washing for years) and horrible weathering. We dont like to tell a client we cant do something but at that point we had to decline these jobs and recommend they have a mason come and take a look and get advice from them. Needless to say we wanted to be able to take on those jobs our self! What have you guys had the best results from as far as cleaning brick homes?

We do a lot of patio/walkway jobs and they come out perfect with nothing more than some pressure and normal detergents (maybe a little scrubbing with a stiff brush) but these homes are almost faded… Any ideas?

I’m also interested in this as most houses in my area are brick. Have heard a little talk about using OneRestore but would like some more opinions.

1 Like

Hey Zen, i just did a quick search on the forum and saw a few people recommend getting in contact with a company called “EaCo Chem” i just went to their website and it looks like this is what they specialize in. i just contacted them through email so lets see what they have to say

Just went back to their website and looks like OneRestore is one of their products! go figure.

Haha, yeah, I’ve heard that they will even look at pictures of what you’re trying to clean and recommend certain products of theirs.

Another thing I’ve been reading a little bit about is efflorence, which as I understand is white crystals that form on masonry. It seems that this can be a bit harder to remove and some people will pass on jobs that have it because of that.

I actually sent him a few pictures of previous jobs we looked at for clients. In one, you can see what looks like white paint run off from painted window sills possibly. They told me the OneRestore should have no issue taking care of that. I am really looking for a product to take care of weathered brick though… in many cases we see blotchy masonry work where it appears that some of the brick had turned dark for some reason. People call us because they want this brick paint matched. The only suggestion they had for that was “Find a small patch that is hidden on the residence and try our differen types of detergent until you find something that works” Not exactly what i wanted to hear, however they have been the closest to what I am looking for

OneRestore from EaCo Chem is a fantastic product. I have only used it on two different jobs that were brick restoration specific, and it work GREAT! Both times I have used it were to remove hard water runoff stains, one commercial (car dealership) and one residential. Here in AZ we have very hard water so when water from the EVAP coolers drains off the roof and onto a brick wall it leaves ugly white stains from the roof to the ground. I followed EaCo Chems suggested application method and like I said both jobs came out fantastic. I would recommend the OneRestore 100%

1 Like

I’ve Alamo heard NMD 80 is great for what you just pasted in reference to taking out mortar scruff and red clay