Maintenance Plans

Does anyone have customers that are set up on maintenance plans of any kind (besides gutter cleaning)? We have no issue with repeat clients but it would be great to have people on pre-arranged plans so we have guaranteed work thru the year. Any ideas?

1 Like

Weā€™re testing it with one house and one commercial account. So far no missed payments, but only about 3 months in on both.

Residential account had us back twice in 6 months for about $800 worth of work so we took $100 for the last job and $39/month for 11 months with one more guaranteed wash within a 12 month period. We washed the house last time. The next one they can call us back to wash the house or anything else on the property. If they want a 3rd service in that 12 month period itā€™s at a discount of 20% from our flat rates.

Hell. Iā€™ll wash their cat if they want. Awesome folks.

The commercial job just pays us a each month for their quarterly service. Trying to figure out how to sweeten the deal on this one so more commercial accounts jump on board.

We also split residential projects of $1000 or more into 3 payments at an 8% ā€œinterest rateā€ or 6% for 2 payments. For that to even be an option we have to have done work for them at least once before or they need to have been referred by another customer.

So let me make sure I understandā€¦

You and the customer come up with a dollar amount worth of work, split that amount into ā€œxā€ number of payments an they can call you ā€˜xā€™ number of times within that year and have work done up to the predetermined amount?

Give me a call when youā€™re free tomorrow or this week and Iā€™ll explain how itā€™s structured. Probably easier that way. 816-360-9733

Iā€™m off to bed early on a Saturday night like a boring nerd thanks to some awnings that gave me fits all day. Ha!

Will do man. Have a good boring night, lol.

We have been doing this for about 5 years with great success.
We now have dozens of homes and businesses on these types of schedules.
My advice is educate your customers about prevention benefits vs removal and treatment.
stay ahead of HOA letters and fines. What does your businessā€™s facade say about your business?
Less harsh chemicals to maintain.
etcā€¦

1 Like

How do you structure it in terms of frequency and payment?

It depends on the severity and the condition of the property.
Unsung properties it took me years to figure out the interval based on how bad they got after a certain. Of time itā€™s not something that you could just make a cookie cutter plan for unless itā€™s a commercial business then you put them on a set interval

Sorry I dictated that came out weird