Low cost, big exposure marketing method for other newbies

If your area has Facebook swap & shops, you have exposure to 10’s of thousands of people likely. In my area, this method kept me pretty darn busy for a little over half the year. If it works for you great! If not, let me know what you’re doing that is low cost, low effort, but returning value.

Honest feedback is always appreciated.

Note: I’ve found that the smaller local suburb swap & shops are the best bet. Kansas City general swap & shops I get buried pretty quickly under everyone else selling.

Here is the template I’ve been adding to and just refreshed today:

Squid’s Pressure Washing LLC is here to save your weekend and help you love your outdoor space again!

•Free estimates.
•Insured.
•Veteran owned company.
•Highly rated. (Check out our awesome reviews on Google, HomeAdvisor, Thumbtack, and now Angie’s List.)

Don’t be the only house on the block with the zombie house. :slight_smile:

Do you need:

Mold, mildew, and algae removed from your siding or concrete?

Limestone decaying algae cleaned from your roof?

Dryvit or Alucobond professionally low pressure cleaned?

Retaining walls brought back to life?

Let us know how we can help you love your outdoor space again!

Check out Squid’s Pressure Washing LLC on Facebook for a ton of cool before and after photos.

14 Likes

Don’t forget to add a handful of before and after pics to the ad as well!

2 Likes

lol. My business facebook thingy pops up occasionaly on my regular facebook page and says it has been like 1500 days since I last visited. I didn’t realize for over a year that they were messages sent to it. Don’t have the password to log in and deactivate it.

At 7 figures a year it sounds like you’ve got good control of your market. Those of us only doing 5 (I think I might break 6 this year though!) need everything we can! Worse case scenario we’re visible and when we put one out quarterly we’re already in the head of someone who saw us last quarter.

1 Like

Michael Kriesle did mine for free years ago but i don’t know how to access it

My wife and I both agree that facebook has no place in our lives. Plenty of other valuable marketing means without bringing that garabage into the mix.

1 Like

To each their own. You dislike HomeAdvisor too if I remember correctly. Facebook and HomeAdvisor work like gangbusters for me.

Absolutely to each his own. Definitely wasn’t knocking you for your choices. Was simply stating my feelings on FB.

What we’re doing is working well beyond our wildest imaginations. I make in two days what I made in a month as a senior systems analyst. And it’s only a few months in to our second year. My wife and I really balance each other out in this industry - her realtor background and knowing how to close sales, and knowledge of the real estate market. And my systems skills and being a jack of all trades. It’s just working very well. Each business has to figure out what works best for them.

2 Likes

I may steal some of this. I use FB for posting pics etc. and try to include a little vignette with it. I never had a FB page before I started the staining business. and my personal page has nothing on it and is locked down. That said if I show someone a picture on my phone that is on FB they are absolutely convinced it is wonderful, if I just show them the same pic out of my photo gallery it’s just a nice picture. It’s ridiculous but FB is instant credibility.

1 Like

Hope it’s helpful. Hey can I text you a picture of a wood deck I did on a million dollar house and it doesn’t look like anything changed and you can tell me what you think?

Sure. Better yet send it to my email mark@sureshotstainandseal.com. My eyes aren’t what they used to be and it helps to put pics on the big screen. I am going to get a tooth pulled this afternoon and they are going to knock me out so you might not hear from me until tomorrow.

1 Like

No worries. I’ll email it tonight when I get home anyhow.

Are you doing an ad or just a post?

So how are you promoting your business?

I sent you a reply. Short answer is need to know more. IPE if tough stuff from all I’ve read.

I use Face Book For Apts Rentals I put in clean Apts Rental houses.
I have a ad under Real Estate Houses for sale (CLEAN UP THAT HOUSE)
I have done 6 Apt buildings and about 7 Rental houses. I got before after pictures…
i hooked up with one guy who is great he has Lots of places, he turned me on to another invester home buyer he uses me…
https://jacksontn.craigslist.org/apa/d/get-apartments-cleaned-up/6306434962.html

I also have it under services/ Household
I get a few ads off there
I also have in the paper about a 2" long ad gets me work Most ever month.
That cost me $115 a month

2 Likes

I didn’t check my email yesterday like a knucklehead. Can I call you today?

Sure, I’m at the ranch so connection is sometimes spotty.

https://jacksontn.craigslist.org/apa/d/get-apartments-cleaned-up/6306434962.html

@Fatdaddy, what is the small reel on the driver side fender of your trailer for?

Also, do you pull your trailer with with a work truck sometimes and an Avalanche other times? Why so?

I have a 15 gallon tank on the front for chemicals with that 100’ hose… I mostly use the work truck…