Looking for advice on Pressure Pro machine

Hey guys, this is my first post. My wife and I are starting a pressure washing business and hoping for some advice from the experts on machines. We’ve done lots of research, but it seems like using the terms “professional” or “commercial grade” still brings up almost every machine under the sun. I’ve lurked here on the forums for a bit hoping to find some answers, but I still feel like I need direct advice on this particular machine. The machine in question is the Pressure-Pro Professional 4000 PSI (Gas-Cold Water) Aluminum Frame Pressure Washer w/ Honda Engine & CAT Pump. Found this machine on PressureWashersDirect.com.

We are planning on doing surface cleaning (with a BE surface cleaner), as well as houses, decks etc. Strictly residential cleaning. Do you think this machine will be sufficient for our needs?
We really appreciate the help you guys offer by having these forums. Hopefully we will see some of you at the convention in August! Thanks guys.

You want at least 4gpm for residential work, which I assume is the gpm of the pump your looking at. Looking back, I wish I went with a 5.5 out of the gate, but 4 gpm will clean many houses and driveways just fine. You get more efficient as time goes on.

Hi, I purchased the same machine with electric start last Fall when I started pressure washing. It works great. But as Chad mentioned more gallons per minute would be better. 4 gpm is the minimum a lot of folks advise. Wish I’d known more but am doing ok. This machine does ok with my Hammerhead 18’’ surface cleaner too. Best wishes on your success. bill

Greetings,

A 4gpm and 4000 psi machine is an excellent starting point for your business. Once you start seeing a ROI from your machine you can perhaps upgrade to a 5gpm 3k psi pump which will run fine on your GX390 engine. It will increase production significantly and ultimately lead to increased profits. Best of luck.

V/R
Jeff

My wife and I just went through the same thing. What we decided on was to purchase a machine we could grow into. Sure, just starting out a 4gpm machine would have been just fine but, if business gets very busy and time was crucial, we would be wanting the speed of a much larger unit. We opted fkr the pressure pro 8gpm @3500 skid mount unit. It’s capable of attaching a hot box to if ever needed as well. I think it’s the perfect starting machine just in case one day we’re swamped with work. I just hated the though of buying a smaller machine now and then finding out next summer I needed to buy an entirely new machine just to keep up. But she’s set her goals pretty high so I wanted her to have a good start. That’s my thoughts, for what they’re worth.

I started with 5.5 gpm Pressure pro and i found it just enough to push my surface cleaner, keep in mind some wells only produce 3-4 gpm so a buffer tank is a must have.

Rico

Thanks so much for all the replies guys! We ended up going a different direction when we found an entire trailer set up for sale. Totally turnkey and actually has a better machine with bigger capabilities. I really appreciate all the help from you guys though.