Leaking hose attached to reel, how do I fix it

Attached are the images.

The picture with the end of the hose had a piece of plastic pointing to the leak. I tried teflon tape and it did not work.

I called general pump and they said I will need to remove the swivel that is attached to the reel. I have no idea how to get it off or how any of this hooks up. What is worse is they have no guide for me to do it. Could someone please help with this and possibly show a picture or two.

whip lines are less than $25 at Pressuretek.com or you can go get that fitting replaced for $15-45.

I tried to get the fitting replaced. No one in my area is willing to replace it. Not even hydraulic stores. I have no idea why either. I can buy a new hose if needed. I just am a bit confused on how the inside of the reel works. It looks like I am going to need a really thin cresent wrench to open up the swivel end.

Just walk away

2 Likes

Should I buy a new type or reel? One that will be easier to fix?

@awesomewash1 my reel that is the exact same one did the same thing pressuretek has some as a good price but I found a tractor shop that fixed mine for $10 come to find out they make pressure washer hoses and they have all kinds of pressure washer fittings and guns.

I was charged 35 dollars to have it fixed and it took a week. Lucky you…

My swivel end spayed today… I think it’s got a leak starting…

I didn’t have a swivel put back for that reason…the reel is easy to take apart…i had a total of 20mins and that’s taking the hose to get fixed. Probably best for to buy new whip since its still leaking…its nice living in the country where there’s all kinds of farm suppliers and tractor shops… Took mine in and 10 mins I was out the door.

I live in the city where everything is within 15 minutes from me. However no one would repair it because something about lawyers ruining crimping hoses idk…

Then I’d Buy a whip from Pressuretek and replace the hose…the reel comes apart easy. Cheaper than a new reel

I did not have the tools to take apart the hose :frowning: I am just getting a different reel when I get my new rig

Lol well I got good spot for that reel just sent my way :grinning:

i need the reel for now, but maybe in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like