Just starting out, Whats the fastest way to get a few clients

I am just starting out, I got a brand new looking cargo van, all new equipment, and a professional website (I do this as my main profession).

What can I do that will get me a few clients fast. Putting up yard signs in busy areas of rich neighbor hoods, Going door to door?

1 Like

I just searched and this post is the top result.

Well, is there anyone that is willing to have a conversation about this? I am looking to communicate and ask questions as I go.

Door hangers, thumbtack, yard signs, get your website to front page if google. Google adds, and door to door knocking. These are what worked for us.

I just got some 10 signs and door hangers from Nitty34.
I have put out 6 signs in rich roads to neighborhood.
In 4 days I have got 3 calls and got 3 jobs $1200
10 signs double sided cost $110 from nitty34

2 Likes

Where do you place your yard signs? Any specific locations

just busy intersections going from neighborhoods to the malls… I got some on roads by the Rich ones that will drive by…

Nice, does the place you got the yard signs from have a standard template? I can design my own, but I strongly prefer to use proven methods.

Could you please tell me more about your experience with thumbtack. Are calls slow to come in, how many per week etc. Once I start I will compile my data for you guys.

We got our signs from @Tim4 (the moderator here) and they’re high quality signs. They arrived three days after we placed our order. He even allowed us to split the order of 10 into two different adds. The website is http://www.sign2day.com

We’re constantly moving our signs around as they go stale after awhile. We like to put one out every weekend at the local farm supply store, busy intersections, at the entrances to nice neighborhoods, and just anywhere there is a lot of traffic. The yard signs, and our google adds, brings us the most business. We book probably 5 or so jobs a week off if thumbtack as well.

4 Likes

Does not sound to bad. I am looking into ordering some signs. I will check out the website.

Concerning thumbtack, how many leads you receive will obviously depend heavily on the population of your market. We see probably 30 leads a week. There are a lot of weekend warriors you compete against so they can undercut a professional business pricing. But once you start getting a lot of reviews, it seems it helps win over the price busters.

From my nitty34 signs I put out 2 hrs ago I get a call from a lady…
I have 2 Perkins restaurants in my town and one 20 miles away… it has 6 business shopping center like… Will you give me some prices???
I am so blessed… get u some signs

Awesome, it says 1.50 per lead. This does not seem bad and is actually very cheap compare to adwords. Have you found this site to be a race to the bottom?

Sounds awesome. I am going to get some signs for sure.

Definitely not $1.50 a lead… a bank of 20 credits is $40. Most jobs will take 8 credits to bid. Sometimes we’ll get requests that sre like 6 credits but that’s rare. So usually it’s about $16 for each lead you bid on. The only time you get your credits back is if they never view your estimate.

You’ll always have customers that all they care about is the cheapest price. With those, it doesn’t matter other than who comes in the lowest. Other customers are worried more about quality and will pick you over a cheaper competitor if you have great reviews. We are, according to thumbtack, in the 3% of pros with a 5 star rating so we have great reviewe and therefore, win a fair amount of jobs. Thumbtack has been good to us. Not cheap but we make our money back 10 fold.

With all if this said, the BEST thing to have is your website at the TOP of google, whether it be SEO, or google addwords. When someone these days wants a service, or basically anything, they get on their phone or PC and search for it. They start at the top of the list and start calling. You want to be at the top of that list. We have the #1 spot in SEO for google search and we STILL run hundreds of dollars a month in google addwords adds. Very well worth our money. We just opened our business middle of last summer and we’re quickly becoming very well known in our area and our earnings have far far FAR EXCEEDED my wildest imagination. But you gotta spend some money if you wanna make some money.

1 Like

PM me your email and i can send you 20 free credits for signing up to thimbtack as a referral.

2 more calls got both jobs…

get u some signs

I need some yard signs!

Can you post a picture of some of your signs in action??