I've got a question on a price

OK so I got 30000 ² ft of parking lot and store front with I am thinking about 3000 then if they take the bid and once a month he said he will want it done. DID I MENTION THERE IS ALOT OF GUM I have hot water it’s just going to be time consuming for the first time cleaning anyone think 10 cent a ²ft to low??

I forgot to mention on the phone yesterday, before you get in too deep, check the local regulations for runoff control, reclaim, etc!

Another thing: if they choke at the price, you may want to see if they just want the sidewalks done monthly along with a rinse-down of portions of the parking lot.

Who do I talk to about that it’s on a hill so it goes straight to a gutter

Find out if that gutter goes to the sewer or if it’s a storm water drain.

Then call the local council first.

What’s the difference if it’s sewer or storm drain

And why does it matter???

I live in the Chesapeake watershed area and they are so dadgum strict on waste water around here. A storm drain goes into a river or stream so there is where you may have a problem. A sewer system would go through to the county sewer facility in which case you should be ok. I would still ask the county though just to be safe. Someone I know dumped water from his carpet cleaner into a storm drain and he ended up with a $4,000 fine. hope this helps.

1 Like

Different regulations apply to each.

Example. Washing gravel down a sewer drain can clog up expensive filters at the sewage plant

Washing bleach and dirt down a storm water drain is pollution and can kill fish

1 Like

I call the city or county and how do u collect water if it’s a storm drain,

How ya feeling lightyear?? Your upchucking last I heard from some meds

If you have permission to discharge to one drain but no the other

You can use covers and berms to prevent waterbgetting in the wrong drain. Then Chanel or pump it to the correct drain

You can use a vacuum reclaim and filtration unit. This will suck up the water, filter out the stuff you can drop down the drain, and only discharge water of acceptable quality to the drain