Is there a way to minimize the kick of the gun?

I’ve been doing alot of downstreaming the past few days and the kick of the gun all day long is killing my upper back. Is there a way to lessen the impact when you pull the trigger or is there a particular gun that can achieve this? Any input is appreciated. My back feels like hell!

Dont have one yet, but I believe a K7 unloader starts off soft and builds up to the dialed in pressure. Might be a trigger gun solution as well, not sure though.

K7 is finiky with downstreaming. Use a sutner 2315 and pull the trigger slowly till fully open

1 Like

At the risk of sounding facetious my recommendations are stretching, chiropractor, inversion table, in that order.

4 Likes

This might sound kind of silly but it’s something I do every time I turn my machine on. Try squeezing the trigger as you start up your engine and you won’t have any kick at all. I’ve been using the same Honda GX machine for nine years and this is what I’ve always done when I started up and when I cut it off. Prevents a lot of heat buildup on the machine

1 Like

This does nothing to prevent heat build up in the machine. Nothing. Squeezing trigger before and after you start it does nothing to prevent pressure build up. Don’t mess with the new guy like that lol

you could try bending your lance slightly to provide a counter weight effect. But if your talking about each time you pull and release the trigger, then No, I don’t believe there is anything to be done about that. Unless someone has come up with a fix.

Speaking of gun kick, had an issue today that gave me my first ‘ok that is probably really dangerous’ episode. Tried a 6" nipple on my gun for the first time… started washer up, was holding the gun in one hand, and squeezed like i normally do after it starts. I was holding the gun rather loosely and it shot backwards and around violently and almost hit me. I one hand spray briefly with the long lance often, and i guess the length of it makes it easy to control… but this short thing just jumped all around. Even being prepared for the initial kick, it seemed to jerk around a lot more than with the longer lance. Been steadying it by using my other hand to hold the nipple, or the ball valve. Guess you have to get used to it, it just feels weird after using only the 2 or 3 ft lances. Might try a 12" lance one of these days just to see how it compares.

What nozzle are you using. We wash one handed all day. Squeeze trigger slowly

1 Like

I’m not trying to mess with anyone, was just advised 9 years ago that starting and stopping my machine with the water flowing while iit was running would prevent problems down the road. With the trigger pulled on start-up, it has never kicked back. And I always hit the kill switch with the trigger pulled after I throttle it down. Just makes my machines run smoother. Have had the same machines for all those years cleaning decks and now vinyl the past 4 years. And I rarely let go of the trigger while machine is running. I thought I was addressing a possible problem. I get the one handed cleaning too. Didn’t mean to sound condescending or misleading.

Had this happen to me a couple weeks back and it actually hit me hard in the jaw and left my face sore for a week. I was lucky I didn’t knock a few teeth out.

1 Like

Just don’t resist the kick, loosen your arms, but still hold the gun firmly.

PressureTek has a sutner 2305 is that different than 2315? Or is it a typo?

2315 is basically the 2305 but with ceramic ball. Bob will send you the 2315, just email him