Innocentbystander is buzzlightyear!

There was definitely some musical chair action, but the mods saved the day it seems. 2000 posts read in 7 days of read time is impressive! You should be the new guy greeter! Show them how it’s done.

I wish I had done more research. Jumped into the business by the seat of my pants and learned some expensive (time and money) lessons on the way.

Welcome!

I think my counter may be off due to leaving the page open on my phone, but thanks for the welcome! And for all the advice you don’t know you’ve already given me!

Well, crap. I have 1 day read time and almost 7k read.

3 Likes

To be fair, Brodie called him a lot worse than ignorant.

I agree that the dude should have kept his word on the self-imposed silence.

1 Like

Again. I called a spade a spade. But if you’re upset about me calling him a goon, goofball, troll, ding dong, or spoiled rich kid I don’t really know what to say. I still think he’s all of those things.

If I remember right you liked a handful of those comments.

Btw if you can show me where I called him worse I’d love to see it.

1 Like

Shark you love to be fair. And I can respect that. But let’s be fair to everyone. Not just awesome wash. The kid pushed and pushed. His remarks were usually snobby and rude before anyone said A negative word to him. Then he would backtrack and become Mr helpful. It was an obvious work. Most of what people said to him he deserved in one way or another. I quit smoking the 8th of October and the kid almost got me to break my phone. I’m sure it was exaggerated by the lack of nicotine but he was purposely trying to push my buttons and he succeeded. I’m normally not one to get so rattled especially in a forum setting. All becuse he wanted to run his mouth at brodie for posting a picture? He couldn’t just leave well enough alone and always had to have the last word or make a snarky remark. He started fights with 3 or 4 other guys too. Pointing the finger back at IBS didnt help either. People are responsable for their own actions. I know you don’t agree with his demeanor at times but over All he seems like a good guy to me. His ways may be diffrent than yours but his actions speak louder than words. He’s done alot to help people on this forum. Myself included. So let’s all just bury the hatchet and move on to bigger and better things.

No, i was talking about goon… although you’re right, i guess ‘worse’ is subjective.

I wasn’t necessarily saying you were wrong (i think hes a ding dong), i was pointing out that you had previously insulted him several times… so it wasn’t like he was just randomly insulting someone who had never bothered him, as Sparkle seemed to be implying.

You did call him a goon before you learned about the youtube channel, though. I didn’t agree that that was an appropriate way to describe his behavior prior to that comment, and said so at the time.

Also, im not upset.

1 Like

Sharpe. Come on man. I am being fair to everyone, that’s why i said that after he started being excessively negative, he should be banned. I also told you that the only thing i really stood up against was the accusation that he wasn’t taking peoples advice (which was a HUGE thing, that many people were using to attack him over).

I have specifically said this to you before, and you accepted that.

If YOU (not yelling, just emphasis) really want to be fair to everyone, then go back and find examples of him being rude unprovoked, prior to IB ragequitting the forum, or examples that show he was not taking peoples advice, like many claimed when they started attacking him.

If you CANT, then it isn’t fair for you or others to say that his rude behavior is what chased IB away, or to have said he wasnt taking peoples advice, EVEN IF he ended up becoming rude in the end.

I mean, do you see the point i am making? That’s all i have been saying.

I went back to see what really happened. If you dont want to spend the time to go look, thats fine. But if i tell you that’s what went down, you can either believe me, or take the time to research it.

I can save you a little time. Here is the thread where IB ragequit. Pretend like you have never seen this forum before. Read the first 40 comments and give me your HONEST opinion about who was being rude unprovoked, and who was trying to be reasonable.

You might not like him. I might not like him. But that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get a fair ‘trial’, so to speak. Nor does it mean that IB should not be held accountable for his part in all of this.

P.S. - Your comment about JD Byrider was hilarious. :grin:

1 Like

Look, i get that a lot of people probably dont like me now… but just remember that i would do the same thing for you, if you were behind the eight ball.

Also, if you think i only have a thing for AW (even though i have said at this point that he should be banned), dont forget that I stepped out LARGE, several times, to stand up for @MrSparkleVA as well. He didnt want the help, which is fine, but i still did it, because the things said about him by IB were extremely unfair.

You can go back through my posts (please dont) and possibly find me nonchalantly trying to play mediator from time to time, because my whole life seems to revolve around trying to bring people together, and make sure people are treated fairly, even if they dont necessarily deserve it.

That’s one reason why you might have noticed (hah) i take such a hard stance against IB often, though not always.

When i see Sparkle putting IB on a pedestal for ridiculing him, and chastising me for sticking up for him… yeah that stings a little. But that’s life, and i understand where Sparkle is coming from.

I am a uniter, and try to lead with kindness and compassion. IB is a divider and leads with whatever you want to call it. Two different philosophies towards living life.

Who’s right? Who knows.

1 Like

@squidskc, @MrSparkleVA, @Sharpe

Im dropping this, no need to respond to anything ive said, unless you want to. I will respect the forums opinion about all of this, and wont bring any of it up again.

Squid, i have no hard feelings toward you, and i would hope you feel the same way about me, but i understand if you dont.

2 Likes

@tireshark: Awoke to find this in my email inbox from one of your posts, only to discover that you deleted them:

“Also, if you think i only have a thing for AW (even though i have said at this point that he should be banned), don’t forget that I stepped out LARGE, several times, to stand up for @MrSparkleVA as well. He didn’t want the help, which is fine, but i still did it, because the things said about him by IB were extremely unfair.”

SO, just a little more about me. I am a happy guy because while down (my government imposed time-out) I discovered a philosophy that focuses on happiness. AAMOF, its spiritual leader states that the purpose of life itself is to seek happiness. A thousand years ago there was a very prolific Tibetan monk who had written tomes, tens of thousands of pages of Dharma. He was asked to condense all of his life’s work. He reduced thousands of pages down to eight verses.Here are verses four five, and six:

Whenever I meet people of unpleasant character
Or those overwhelmed by negativity, pain, or suffering
May I cherish and care for them as if I had found
A rare and precious treasure difficult to find.

Whenever others, because of their jealousy, treat me badly
With abuse, insult, slander, or in other unjust ways,
May I accept this defeat myself
And offer the victory to others.

When someone whom I have benefitted
Or in whom I have placed great trust and hope,
Harms or treats me in hurtful ways without reason,
May I see that person as my precious teacher.

2 Likes

So how about a new perspective, toss in some humility (humiliation can only occur when one struggles with too little humility), and objectivity (the ability to see things through the eyes of others) would be nice.

I’d also like to say that if you’re posting after midnight, you might not be busy enough during the day. I could be wrong, I often am, but if I’m not GO TO WORK!

1 Like

Sparkle, i undeleted my posts, because even if i cease discussion on the topic, theres no reason i should hide what i feel is the truth, also, some of the content is relevant to your criticism of me.

As to your analysis of me:

If you want to shower the people that treat you unjustly with kindness, that’s fine. But nowhere in those verses do i see the direction to criticize those that are trying to help you, as you have constantly done to me.

Humility - Ive said my posts were dumb. I also said that i would stop discussing that drama for the good of the forum, even though i obviously strongly believe in what i am saying.

Objectivity - (the ability to see things through the eyes of others) - I have said i understand how you feel, multiple times. In fact, in the very post you quoted, i said that i understand why you glorify IB and criticize me. I have said that i understand if people hold the things i have said against me. I said i understand if squid has hard feelings. Read the last sentence of my post to sharpe above, and tell me that that is indicative of someone who lacks objectivity.

I would argue that if more people in this world had the objectivity I have, and especially this forum, situations like this wouldn’t arise.

Stop analyzing me, please, you have it completely backwards. If you want to help, direct your criticism at the people that are guilty of the behavior you keep incorrectly attributing to me.

Also, not everyone works day shift, and i posted less than an hour after IB did last night.

1 Like

Quit. No one criticize or glorify anybody anymore lol. Breathe in and out. Let it all drop and move on. We’re a bunch of grown men banging away on a keyboard with little actual personal interaction. They’re are nutcases and grouchy folks( mainly me) here and in real life but life goes on. Drink a coffee and let’s go back to discussing unloaders and why people won’t use the search button. I don’t dislike anyone here, but some confound me. Tireshark is passionate in a weird way but that is probably a good thing. Squid is left handed and therefore abnormal. Buzz is a strange Kiwi. MrSparkle is a thickskinned philosopher with a sordid past. I don’t do well in a group setting. We all got quirks but we somehow manage to wake up each day.

5 Likes

Yes! Well said!

Come brethern, let’s all look to IB of Carolinus – ȚȞË ĠŖËÄȚ ŮŅÏȚËŖ – who the ancient egyptians referred to as Ragequitas Temporanus, as the voice of reason to lead us through these dark times!

cra

Man, all i can do is laugh about it.

1 Like

Can I just say I write right-handed, but virtually everything else left-handed? Which I think is super duper abnormal… discuss.

Laughing is a good thing. I appreciate you recommending “dont leave man! Take a little vacation maybe, and mosey back. This forum is the best one there is, and you are a large part of why that’s the case” .Find some humor and let’s move on. And we have learned that Squid is ambidextrous without even having to use the search button. Today is a day of glorious beginnings. The great uniter lol. See? You’re finding the humor.

1 Like

Easy with the compliments and gratitude kemosabe, i dont charm easily. You were painting a different picture of me prior to me leaving the saloon. I got dealt aces and eights, and i know better than to stay at the table with that hand.

Lets just mosey around for a bit, hm?

On a related note. How bout dat uamcc drama.

2 Likes

So your a fellow lefty golfer ah?

Very good. My only drama with Uamcc is getting them to quit sending me stuff lol. And that finally happened. Not sure of what drama they have going on now but maybe it will stay away from here. Uno is where it’s at. My kids beat me a poker but I rule at Uno.