If you were me

Hello again, so my neighbor asked me to clean his house (just a few walls), these are dirty and have some sort of algae, i am attaching a picture to show you an example of what it looks like, my PW is a 4000psi cold water, since i am new in this, i want to ask you
If you were going to do this, whatchemical and nozzle would you use?, would you apply a product at the end once you are done?, will the cold water pressure be enoughto rinse all of this?

Thanks

IMG_9570

Keep the neighbor your friend and tell him to call a pressure washing contractor

6 Likes

Damn it, IBS. For once, I agree with you. If you haven’t even read the forum enough to get your answer to this question, you have no business going into business. This is a simple softwash job and the guy doesn’t actually have a clue.

My advice to the original poster is to read similar posts on this forum. The search function is your friend. Also, YouTube videos. Easily answered.

That being said, house wash, downstreamed or pump sprayed, let it dwell, rinse with low to medium pressure (depending on the area) and call it a day. Easy job with the machine that you have. Don’t use pressure up close. You’ll risk shooting out the mortar between the bricks. Not knowing what the gray, greasy looking stuff is, you may need to use some degreaser. Test a spot with house wash mix and you’ll have your answer.

1 Like

I’m just wondering why the photo is watermarked… Never once ever have I considered stealing a photo of a dirty brick wall. Photos of Christina Hendricks for my creepy shrine… yes. But a moldy ol’ wall. Never.

4 Likes

ROFLOL, Another Innocent in the making.

3 Likes

Here you go. Apparently instead of being bothered with taking an actual photo of the neighbor’s wall, he just grabbed the first stock photo he liked in Google image search…

3 Likes

@618Pressure yeah that is not a real picture of course, but just to have an idea, thank you for the advice, i have seen many videos on youtube but they do not explain that good, so im just trying to learn from you guys.
Thanks

To all of you, that is not the real pic of course, i have been doing some research on my own, and then i found this forum which has cleared A LOT of doubts…
Im just trying to learn from the best!

Dont forget how all of you started, so do not be rude, c’mon!

Ps. I am in mexico, there is no one in my city that does this type of jobs, i want to be the first one!. I saw the pressure washing system for the very first time while i was studying in San Antonio,Tx. I am excited but at the same time a little scared

Don’t mind the rude welcome. It’s a rite of passage here. And as tactless as some of the advice sounds, it is almost always written with a genuine desire of helping somehow.

Stick around, keep reading, and when you have some specific questions, ask away and take the answers with a pinch of salt and sugar (it makes the medicine go down easier :wink:).

5 Likes

I’m not mad that you asked the question. That’s what a forum is for. I’m glad you asked the question.

It was a perfect opportunity for you to get the response we all got and hated at first. Now we all feel a little sick pleasure when other new people get it (even if they don’t admit it)

And it’s a perfect opportunity to get told, like we all did, to use the search function. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you guys, i had not paid attention to the search bar, but its very simple and i found some answers to my future questions… next time i ask something i will make sure that it has not being asked before… since i am in mexico, there are a lot of chemicals that can be found only in the US, so next time i go to San Antonio (next week), i will spend some time in the Northern Tool store, if you know another one, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I think the best way to get answers in this forum is to figure out an answer on your own and then ask follow up questions to clarify your assessment. Once you have the general idea, you’ll be able to ask more detailed, targeted questions and avoid asking general questions that are normally frowned upon.

1 Like