I bought this hose

SIMPSON Cleaning 41030 3/8-Inch by 100-Foot 4500 PSI Cold Water Replacement/Extension Hose for Gas Pressure Washers

It appears to suck. Peering inside it all I see is corrosion and we left some orange/yellow stuff on a house today that I have to go back for. It also turned from gray to black for about 12" where it meets the machine.

So there are lots of vendors selling what I’m sure is good hose but I am unsure if it was my error or how to avoid the corrosion again. Was I not rinsing it? Or could I just add new connections and keep that hose for a while? Just ditch it?

This one looks good but just wanted to check on here before I repeated some mistake.

It’s going to suck not having it on a hose reel for a bit but I will gladly deal with it if fixes what’s going on.

I have the same hose. How long have you had it?

3 weeks

I dont know about the corrosion, but @Innocentbystander recommended this hose a while back, and i bought one. Around $245 shipped for 200 ft. of the grey and a 6 ft. jumper. I think they threw in an extra jumper as well. No problems with it.

1 Like