How to increase wash time on school busses

Running 4gp at 2500 psi and down streaming 3.1 it takes me about 7 hours to wash and wax 13 buses and 8 transport vans. Is there a tip that I can foam the vehicles?? Any info would help thanks

Your looking for a Foam Cannon.

1 Like

I saw a guy shooting foam out a regular pw tip. I have a foam cannon just not time effective.

I get a call or two a month asking if I wash heavy equipment and trucks… it doesn’t sound like anything I’d ever even consider. I’d rather hang Christmas lights. Lol

You’re a better man than I sir.

I don’t even know who does fleet work around me.

I rather hang Christmas lights too but my bills don’t stop either !!!

1 Like

I can’t relate to that either. I’m not married, no kids, and live on less monthly than college kids spend on beer with no real intention to change any of that at 33 years old. Lol

I need get some real responsibilities so people can finally decide whether or not I’m a real adult or a man child.

Anyway, where are you located? What good resources are there for me to learn what’s necessary to have and the right chemicals for fleet work? If there’s a need for it locally and it’s not being met I’d be silly not to entertain hiring someone else to do it.

1 Like

I’m out of delaware , chemicals it depends really because tempatures change drastically here. Right now I can get away with with single step brush as needed . Winter time it has to be 2 step with hot water. It’s just these bus accounts take for ever to rinse or maybe I’m doing it wrong!!

Right, but is there a resource I can go to to learn the basics?

@Racer what’s the tip you use that’s like the x-jet tip without the barb? That foams if I remember correctly right? And you can foam with just the ball valve as well?

@Eastereco I just answered my own dumb question. You can foam with the x-jet. I get foam anytime I use it with degreaser.

Can you put a draw tube on this? Or do you have to use that little bottle?

Not that kind of foam. I have a foamer, just rarely use.

What’s the difference? You have a foamer like the one Scott shared in the video above?

Yes, I use it for pre-treating occasionally. Put about 5-6oz of EBC in there with some water or bleach and laydown some serious suds

1 Like

Yeah I do actually it’s a hotsy brand foams good just the bottle can’t foam 10+ busses in one fill

To learn the basics to be honest I learned as i went because every fleet is difrent. I would get a Fleet like trash company so if you mess up it won’t be such a huge deal, because if you streak a tanker or a otro truck u might just own it by the end of the day.

1 Like

I’m sure you can I have one to wash my truck one fill is about 20 washes.

Dang. What are you using?

Yeah what you using

Foaming saves time and cost on products.
That’s why I foam as much as I can.
Up to 25 feet or so

What do you foam with