How to get started i fleet washing, how did you get started or find your first job?

Hey there. I’m small time, still something of a startup and will probably always have a ficus on residential, but I figured I may as well ask if fleet washing is something I should consider. How did you get into it or get your first few jobs, have you ever been able to hit up someone for a one-time wash of their truck at, say, a truck stop, and how do you structure your pricing/what do you charge? Is there any specialized equipmnt required? And can -or should-you soft wash a truck? Which method do you think is best? And do you need to do the top of trailer as part of a normal job? And how, if so, do you reach it? Thanks!

I never do the tops of the trailers and, if I have to “soft wash” I charge a lot more than if I just pressure wash it. Also, since I can’t reach the tops of the trailers, I do use a retractable wand to make sure that I am able to rinse off any soap that may have made it up top. You can’t have that soap running off later it will leave all sorts of streaks and stains.
The most important thing in fleet cleaning is having the right chemicals and equipment. The right chemicals pay for themselves in saved time and the more gpm the better (in my opinion). You have to have gpm to be efficient in rinsing the soap. Lower gpm means more rinse time…of course, if you have to haul in your own water, then you will need to do some more research …Lol there is always an exception!