How often do you add non-pressure washing services to drive revenue?

How often do you add non-pressure washing services to drive revenue?

I’m learning a lot about pressure washing from this group. Thanks for helping me learn. My background is hard surface cleaning but this group is a wealth of information and best practices.

One thing that I’ve learned from you is the focus on using revenue dollars per hours as a key metric in driving your business and sales/service efforts.

I’m learning how to clean quickly is so I can then apply a chemistry that disinfects, sanitizes, and improves Indoor Air Quality. Is that something you are offering in your companies?

I’m doing this with backpack and handheld sprayers that are electrostatic, battery-powered systems to spray a water-based chemistry. I’m using a chemical called Vital Oxide that disinfects/sanitizes, kills mold, mildew, and allergens, and eliminates odors. It’s food contact safe so you can spray kid’s playgrounds without rinsing.

I’m marketing that I can:

1. Provide Indoor Air Quality services by simplying spraying Vital Oxide on surfaces. Vital Oxide is user-friendly and can be sprayed on walls, carpets, and ceilings. I can spray the inside of homes to kill mold, mildew, allergens, and odors.
  2. Clean the inside of trailers and disinfect them.
  3. Spray down restrooms, dumpsters, and as mentioned, playgrounds.

Victory Sprayer backpack in action (short clip)

With all your relentless spamming have you ever actually sold anything to someone on this forum?

Nope. This isn’t a forum for selling. Just sharing info as you guys have taught me much about pressure washing.

1 Like

To my knowledge, you have never made a post here that wasn’t pushing your product.

He’s just like Jason Geiman. Makes no sense.

1 Like

Thanks Bystander. I guess I better start posting about welding bridges or pouring milk on stains. All useful info!

There you go. That’s the spirit.

Do you clean the playgrounds before disinfecting?

Good question.

I’ll give you an analog using the $7500+ Clorox 360 system. Take a look at their usage directions “clean off gross filth”. Electrostatic systems for indoor use are aimed at preventing outbreaks of disease via transmission of “bugs”. They aren’t aimed at “cleaning off gross filth”. It’s not touching food soils or sticky soft drink residue on a playground that makes you sick (although those are gross soils). It’s the pathogens that either use “gross soils” as a food source or are just sitting on the surface. Disinfectants kill anything on the surface. If there is a biofilm that the pathogens can hide under the disinfectant will either not or have a very hard time killing them. There are many solutions for “removing gross soils” and electrostatics aren’t them.

Pressure washing systems like the Kaivac are used all the time inside a facility to remove the gross soils but the systems are usually used where there are floor drains (i.e. restrooms). When you’re out the back spraying down the dumpster, the back door area of a restaurant, and the sidewalks you’ve already covered your cost of getting to the customer’s location. Cintas makes a lot of money spraying down bathrooms even when there are cleaning people supposedly doing the job. But don’t offer to become a janitor service and “remove gross soils” as that is a low margin job (and most facilities have someone to do that job). In commercial facilities the target is odor (restrooms, dumpsters) and disinfection/sanitization.

Thank you for the information.

so you’re a slip and fall expert? http://substratumgroup.com/

Yep. Fell into slip and fall when I was at Cintas working on new products and services. Prior to that was in global innovation for unilever/diversey, then in the Diversey North American business unit, and lastly at Cintas to focus on driving their facility services revenue growth (Sanis Ultraclean, Tile and Carpet, and getting Cintas into new businesses to add to the $2 billion of facility services we already had). But as everyone on this forum knows being your own boss and being an entrepreneur is way more fun and satisfying.

so you’re the one to blame for Cintas becoming a big competitor, thanks bud.

kidding aside, that’s real neat. welcome to the forum, read as much as you can and may your family and your business prosper

@substratumair and now that I know you’re not a Nairobian copy and paste blogger, welcome aboard :slight_smile:

Thanks!