How much hose should I have for residential?

I currently 100ft of garden hose and 130ft of pressure hose. Should that be enough for residential to get from the spigot down to the street and around the house?

No offense, but you may not be ready to start washing house’s if you cant answer this question yourself.
But because im nice:
Use google maps and measure.
Hose’s also blow/break, so you need extra anyway.

1 Like

In my experience. 100 feet should get you to the front spigot, but what if the gpm there is bad for some reason and you have to go to the back spigot? Old pipe build up, etc.

In the Navy, I learned two important things:

2 is one and one is none. It’s always better to have it and not need it.

There two ways to do anything. Right the first time and again.

That being said, spend another $60 and buy another 100 feet of hose. We keep 200 on the reel and 75 just incase. Beyond that we’re probably going to rent the biggest tank we can find to tackle a job without filling it more than once.

Also, if you’re running 130 feet of pressure hose I’m guessing you have a cheap junker 30’ hose attached to at least a decent 100’ hose. We keep 150’ feet of pressure hose on the reel and a 50’ foot hose as a back up and the only reason that is is because I haven’t sprung for a 200’ pressure hose.

4 Likes

You’ll be fine with a 100ft supply hose and 100ft of pressure hose. Use two 50 ft hoses if your not using a hose reel. It will save you a ton of time and headaches if your winding your hose up by hand. Move the machine around the house to make the hose reach. It’s what I do. I work at the shore in NJ and most days you can’t park in front of the house so you have to make s%#t work. Very few guys have buffer tanks and trailer mounted machines here.

We have 100’ feed hose and 200’ pressure hose and never had a problem. There was once or twice when we maxed the hoses out, but got it done nonetheless.

1 Like

200ft of feed hose will reach all areas and 2 100ft sections of pressure hose. Dont get a 200ft pressure hose if the hose pops you buy 200ft of line rather then 100ft of line. Always keep an extra 50ft on the truck also just incase.

2 Likes

Dont be wheeling the pressure washer around the house either. This is a board for men and women not boys wheeling around their electric ryobi washer.

3 Likes

The last thing i want to do is wheel around a pressure washer as I go. That’s why I asked the question so I don’t come to a situation where I don’t have enough hose to wash from the trailer.

I have found it much easier to go hoseless. Radio Shack, if you can find one open, sells a variable channel wireless D17 modulating transmitter/receiver. It only takes a little tweaking and you can mount the transmitter on the pump and the receiver on a trigger gun. Instant water without having to lug around the hose. Further you get from the pump the more water flow you will lose, but not much. At 200 feet from the pump I lose about a half gallon of volume. Definitely worth it considering not having to pull hose around.

16 Likes

Theres also a stipulater valve cover you can attach to any spigot and it will transfer water to the pressure washer. No hose involved. Big time saver

Whoa! Are you serious about the D17? That is fricking awesome. I need to do this. I’m using the D16 and at 200’ I lose about a gallon and a half!

1 Like

Also I believe Harbor Freight sales one of those flux capacitor. Hook up to pump and get water flow without a hose. Another big time saver.

Honestly, I joined this community because people were helpful. I mean it’s called Pressure Washing Resource, not pressure washing circlejerk. But being here for a very short time, I see just as much circlejerking and everyone being dicks as I do people helping. The guy is asking a question because he’s obviously new to the scene and trying to work his way up. There’s no reason to give him a hard time. Answer him and help, be a resource, or stfu and don’t comment.

5 Likes

They’re just funnin.

1 Like

No need for the foul language. All grown ups here. No one for you to impress. The poster asked a simple question that only he can answer. No one is being mean spirited. It’s humor. As you get older you’ll appreciate it more. Especially self deprecating.

1 Like

How is cussing me trying to impress people? Anyway, the guy just asked a simple question. Whether or not only he can answer that, he doesn’t know. You could just tell him that instead of trolling his entire post and turning it into a circlejerk. Hijacking his post to circlejerk it is most certainly mean spirited. It’s aiming the post the opposite direction he intended it to go. You weren’t born with all the knowledge of the pressure washing gods. Somebody taught you the ropes or helped you along the way. Help the guy out. Everybody starts somewhere.

3 Likes

You cussing is not impressing anyone. Not sure anyone is cussing you. I didn’t learn from the gods. I also didn’t learn from anyone else. I learned on my own. Not sure why you are trying to be confrontational. The kid asked a stupid question and got tounge in cheek replies. It happens. No one is picking on anyone. Relax. Calm down.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be confrontational. I’m just trying to help a guy out. Saying you didn’t learn from anyone else is wrong. You learned from asking questions and research. That’s all this guy is doing. Help the guy out, is all I’m saying. There is no such thing as a stupid question. They’re just someone that doesn’t know what they’re talking about. You’re the one being condescending with every message you send.

2 Likes

As you get older you will find they’re are lots of stupid questions. In 2007 I asked a question ptstate about a remote for soap. No one had an answer so i figured it out. Asking questions is a poor way to learn something. The guy learned what he needed. The equine is deceased. Leave it be.

Still being condescending. Smh Must be because I’m not old enough. lol