How long did it take

Just wondering how long did it take to go full time washing vs doing it part time time with a regular job . How many are still doing this as a 2nd gig

1 Like

I’m still part time after my first offical year(I have been washing for the past 5 but not as a proper buisness) I plan to double my workload next year and add services. I doubt I will ever give up my job at the road department though. It took me 15 years to get it! In a perfect world it would be nice to get busy enough to hire a crew to wash all week while im at work. Never say never!

2 Likes

Amen to that brother!!

Just kinda decided to do it one day. I had left finance, spent a couple months in Asia, camped in Shenandoah for two weeks, and came back across the country to be near family, and was not really into a contracting company I started and never really put full effort in to it. Hadn’t worked at anything full time for 6 months at this point. Strangely it was kind of on a whim and I hit the ground running.

Feels weird to write that. Lol

2 Likes

I guess I should say I started pressure washing as a handyman service while still a “contractor”. Did it off and on under my contracting company name before I woke up one day and decided to get serious about it. Took an SBA course, hired a marketing consultant, picked a name, got a logo, and bought insurance by the end of that week.

2 Likes

I am just starting out and I feel I am doing pretty well. I cant imagine quitting my day job though. I make too much and my benefits are great. Also, I have to keep insurance on my kids and my company pays most of that. I might be able to make as much if I quit and did PWing full time but Im thinking why not maintain my 6 figure job working 4/10s and PW on my Fridays off. I can work the rest of the weekend if needed but Fridays have been my goal.

What does an SBA course entail?

They have a ton of different courses. I went to a business plan workshop specifically

1 Like