House Washing with 8.5 gpm

Made this video to hopefully help some of you who have had some questions on technique. Sorry for the video and sound quality but tough holding phone and washing at same time, especially when moving quick. I also wanted to show how quick you can do a home with a bigger machine. This was a really easy house and I was hoping to get done in less than 30min, but between messing with phone, cleaning rear patio and screens, ran slightly longer.

This isn’t intended to disparage anyone using a smaller machine. I, like many, started with HD special, then used a 4gpm for a few months. Still do use it occasionally if in tight quarters, tight water situations or want to draw little stronger mix, but for day in and day out use, hard to beat a larger flow. The 4gpm feels like a pea shooter now, especially rinsing. If I wanted to have a helper, would soap with the 4 or soft wash system, but rinse with the 8.5. My machine actually pushes out 8.7 gpm, so almost 9

But you can see with the 8.5 gpm you can lay down a lot of soap quick, but one problem I ran into when first using it, was having a lot of leakers, which I never had with a 4 gpm. But once you learn to stand back, and then just lightly spray with broad fan spray at the end, that takes care of the problem 99.99% of the time. Hope this helps.

49 Likes

Great video Racer, very informative. Like the adjustable nozzle you have there. Thanks for taking the time to make the video.

3 Likes

I’m currently running a 5.5 but the all mighty 8gpm is in the plans…

2 Likes

yea where u get that adjustable nozzle at? Looks like one that works…

1 Like

Anywhere that carries xjet will have, made by same company. Think mine came from Russ at Southside

1 Like

Ken at Xterior makes them. If you have an xjet you can just plug the barb and take out the orifice. I got a case and like them but the fins are weak and warp to quickly for me. They are great I breezeways

1 Like

now guys I don’t Russ or Ken or who carries xjet in my small town,
send me link if will. make it easier for me…

Did you put a care package in a plastic bag on the front door knob? Either way, that’s a great idea! Couple of business cards, refrigerator magnet, referral card, request & instructions on how to leave reviews, chocolate chip cookie?

2 Likes

Free shipping, just choose the appropriate sized nozzle for your machine.

4 Likes

Shark u always come through to help…
its on the way… I buy more stuff from off what people use on here…
does make my jobs easier
it says hose less than 100’… I got 200’ it might do 50’??

Did you order already? I found it cheaper after i posted… sorry if you already did, maybe you can cancel if you want to save a few bucks. Power wash store has free shipping on it. Just choose the right one for your washer.

For hose length, it says ‘recommended’ less than 100. Should work ok with longer, im sure Racer is using more than 100’, and he might can tell you if he has problems drawing soap.

2 Likes

Would anyone recommend just going with one of these instead of toying with nozzles?

mine was $69 plus $15 tax no shipping,
some tax some don’t… its a right off
be glad to hve it…

1 Like

Yes. Only time I’ve used my jrod in past 2 years was if I needed Guy Blackmon long range nozzle and it happens to be in one.

Cheapest price
http://shop.pressurewasherky.us/M5DS-Twist-Nozzle-M5DS.htm

6 Likes

I’ve never used one, but i believe i remember seeing good reviews about them. Racer seems to like it. Nozzles are only 3 or 4 bucks apiece. Even if you get an M5DS, you can still play with the nozzles and compare, since they are so cheap.

I’ll probably pick one up eventually… anything that improves efficiency is usually a good choice.

2 Likes

It’s just so much quicker and you don’t have to worry about carrying all the other stuff around. You can fine tune it to the situation in like 3 seconds. They basically last forever, well I’ve had one for almost 3 years since they came out.

2 Likes

Good stuff. Now that i think about it, i think i remember people singing it’s praises for downstreaming when i first got into pressure washing, but i thought they were talking about the x-jet version and I was confused… now that i think about it, they were probably talking about the DS version, and i dont think i really realized there was a downstream version until your post.

Yeah, i will be picking one up soon… thanks!

1 Like

they did charge me $15 shipping som beaches thought it was FREE SHIPPING
i called them back to cancel and get from Southside, he said no your over $50 no shipping and we will match so I let it be and move on… shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I’m give out for a old man…
and I got 5 more shifts to cover in this Steel Mill… gonna hit that Power Ball and QUIT sat night…

2 Likes

And this will draw soap on all setting unless you pull the draw line?

1 Like

Yes, it will pull soap

1 Like