Hot link not hot enough?

I recently purchased a hot link that was converted to 115. It runs off a 4000W generator. My pressure washer is a 5.5 @ 2500 pressure pro. It’s running through 200 feet of single strand hose.

I checked the temp from the water flowing f the ball valve with a digital meet thermometer. The highest I ever saw was 145 degrees. The burner’s temp knob is maxed out.

I feel like I should be in the 160-180 degree range. Could the single strand hose be keeping my temp down? This is my first hot water set up so it’s a learning curve for me.

Single wire has nothing to do with heat. Most you are going to get in heat rise is probably about 80 to 100 degrees over ambient until you go to a commercial grade unit. Might adjust the fuel and get a little more but probably not much.

Ok thanks. I just wasn’t sure if double braided was insulated better meaning less heat loss as it goes through the hose. When you say mess with the fuel. You mean try running off-road diesel or kerosene instead of reg diesel from the pump?

Double wire gives more burst protection and durability. Also makes ot heavier. Offers no insulation. Turn up fuel flow to burner. I’m guessing on that. Your unit says 40c is max increase ao you should be able to get a little more rise but not much.

That’s a good idea. I’ll look into that too. 145 degrees should be adequate for what I’m looking to do but 160-180 would be better.