HomeAdvisor Experience

SO, finally bit the bullet and signed up with HomeAdvisor. Went out on my first lead this afternoon and upsold him from a surface clean driveway to the full monte for $647. Also gave a quote over the phone that I will wait until tomorrow to follow up because I know HomeAdvisor gave that lead to one other person. I don’t feel really good about over-the-phone estimates. Anyway, I’ll keep you folks informed about my progress. Any suggestions about dealing with prospects or HomeAdvisor?

5 Likes

These guys have been blowing up my phone for months. I may end up giving them a shot.

I also do not do quotes over the phone because 95% of the time they dont agree. Quotes must be in person with the agreeing party. Have you had the same experience?

I think it may be a matter of perspective. @squidskc is a busy man with tons of good reviews at HomeAdvisor. He can tout his service, the reviews will be consistent, and it becomes a matter of “do you want the best, because I’m certainly not the cheapest?” I need to sell Mr Sparkle right now, but soon HomeAdvisor can do that for me. At that point, I suspect I’ll be more comfortable giving estimates over the phone. BTW, Chris Lambrinides states in his most excellent book that he qualifies his estimates with the preface, “based on the information you’ve given me…”

https://windowcleaner.com/free-book

BTW, if you DO sign up with HomeAdvisor, do a solid and use one of us here who is a HomeAdvisor Pro as a reference and he will receive $100 in lead credits. (Won’t he Brodie?):slight_smile:

1 Like

I will sign up at the start of the season next year and use you if you are still here. It seems like it could be helpful and if you are willing to jump on it and @squidskc is then I should give it a shot. I dont mind spending the $18 or whatever per lead.

Research what Brodie has to say about it. One thing I like, I’ve been really busy in the past two days, and for the next few partially because of HomeAdvisor. I’m reminded of the law in physics that states that “A body in motion tends to stay in motion, but a body at rest tends to stay at rest.”

2 Likes

That’s some really good advice here. Do you mind if I ask what you are spending per lead?

1 Like

Not at all, but it depends on the lead. So far, with 2 leads in, average about $20.

I’m Curious. HA has called me more than once trying to sign me up

I’ll keep you guys updated. It’s a pretty interesting process so far. I’m riding down the road this afternoon and I get a ROBO call from homeAdvisor giving me the details of my new lead, and asked if I’d like them to call the prospect for me. 10 seconds later I’m on the phone with this guy who only moments earlier had reached out for a pressure cleaner. Its one sweet setup so far! He was impressed by how quickly HomeAdvisor had me in touch.

That’s not bad and seems like most are sales. I think this could be a game changer.

In all fairness, the leads are given to several folks unless you pay a premium for someone who just wants the next available guy, damn the expense. Those only go out to one person. So you might have a 1 in 3 or 1 in 2 chance to win the deal. You change the odds with reviews and sales ability. If you’re @squidskc, you can add charm to the mix :smiley: Honestly, sales is a big part of what we do.

I’ve given maybe 4 in person estimates in the last 3 months and only because I was in the area or it was near my house. One of those I walked to since it was two blocks from my house.

Every other residential estimate was over the phone and I have a 70% close rate or better. Don’t listen to folks who aren’t making it happen.

Chris’s book is such a gold mine. I’d pay $100 for it or more having already read it.

What book is that?

Glad it worked for you.I have not much to say about them. I call as soon as I get the lead,most of the time i get no call back and then have to fight to get the lead credited,just because the contact does not call you back is not a reason for them to credit you back.Got a lead 2 days ago,called and lady said oh no we do not want a pressure washer,we just wanted to talk to someone who used Home Advisor as we are starting a window cleaning business and were thinking of using them. I request a credit and was denied,what the ****.
Not a fan at all. When I do go and give a quote it seems I lose out,most of the time it is to someone Home Advisor sent the lead to also. Have had better luck from word of mouth and random calls from people who see my wrapped trailer and call . By the way I have 11 reviews with a 5 rating. I must be doing something right,just not sure what i am doing wrong,lol.

@MrSparkleVA since @squidskc is not talking to me, could you please let me know if the free book earlier in the thread is the one you guys are speaking of.

I’ve read the same as your experience many times. Bs leads that lead to nothing but a charge

Thx,thought it was just my sales approach,lol

I suggest you tone down the rhetoric, and grow some thicker skin. In prison, we were often amazed how easily men were baited by each other, staff, and guards. We called that “Renting Out Part Of Your Brain” to describe the emotional hijacking that occurs when we let somebody get under our skin. my friend. The only way they can get to you is if you let them. SO, quit renting out your brain,

Back to the book: Yes, he IS referring to the book above, but I’ll give another link here:

https://windowcleaner.com/free-book

2 Likes

Thank you, I will buy this book very soon.

Quick question, were you in prison, and if so, congratulations on the success you have made.

Yea he killed three trolls on a previous forum. Had to spend 2 hours in jail -holding cell, until the judge decided to award him for his good deed

4 Likes