Home Advisor Leads

Has anyone used home advisor for their company to receive some more leads? Any and all info related to this would help.

They are a bigger scam than BBB or angies list.

1 Like

Any reason why you say that? I need some support statement as to why.

Take 10 minutes and search “Home Advisor”…you’ll have all the info you need.

P.S. Next time, try that FIRST…your question has been asked and answered approximately 96 trillion times, and it hasn’t changed.

You’re welcome, @bills4065 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Just google HomeAdvisor complaints. They used to be ServiceMagic but changed their name because they had such a horrible reputation. They haven’t done much better.

When you sign up with them, you’re basically paying them to compete with your own website. Not only do they have their primary website optimized well, but they set up thousands of dummy sites designed to mislead your potential customers into calling their switchboard instead of an actual company. They also will list your business on every online directory imaginable, but with their phone number, so they can charge you for the lead. I think there’s still a few directories with their stupid 866 number on my listings.

Oh, and sticking you with a setup fee + a monthly charge in addition to exorbitant lead fees (which get sent to upwards of 4 other businesses, as well), is a joke. They’re making upwards of $100 on every. single. lead. that comes through their site.

1 Like

I say it because you asked for any and all related info to Home Advisor. I did my research on my own. I think that you may be a prime candidate for them though.

1 Like

I know it’s been asked plenty before, don’t be rude. I have thoroughly done the research and have found mixed answers. We use them currently and haven’t had a single issue, that’s why I wanted to ask. Also, most of what I found was very old info and reviews and I wanted updated ones that were newer and relevant to how the company is run right now, not years ago. Things do change, thanks for your input though.

Are you finding success with HA? I thought about turning to them for leads as I am just getting my own business off the ground

I’m probably the only one of 2 people here I know that is head over heels for HomeAdvisor. Search HomeAdvisor on the forum. Read all you can, make your own decision, but this is just the last couple days. All the leads except the bottom one were good and I called today and they credited it immediately.

The 800 number they assign you goes to a personalized answering service. My “receptionist” scheduled someone on my calendar for me in one of the nicest areas in KC. I did nothing except click accept.

There’s $3000+ worth of work here and that’s if I don’t upsell anything. I’m paying about $100 for all these leads.

I love love love HA.

2 Likes

My only complaint with HA so far is that my app won’t work to call the leads so I have to go a roundabout way to call them. Also, their lead “funnel” is different than mine and I can’t modify it. Those are tiny trade offs in my book.

I have been reading all of the threads here. I think I am going to go for HA. The last time I spoke with them they had 77 leads in my area, and after much research, I am the ONLY pressure/soft washing business in my area. My closest competitor is 30 miles away. I am simply having a very hard time getting organic leads that turn into actual jobs. I’ve given plenty of estimates, but they never buy. I will even drive by to see if they went with someone else, and nope, home is still as dirty as the day I went out. I feel like I am getting wishful thinkers…not buyers. HA may be the answer for me…for now anyway

You may be pricing too high. In the beginning anyone that would let me give them an estimate would tell me yes. Then I estimated a job at $700 and the guy told me I was 1/2 the cost of the other two.

He owned a successful direct mail marketing business in the 80’s & 90’s and told me to start bidding higher until I get some “no’s”. I did and the numbers we arrived at are our flat residential flat rates now.

Not only did he pay me $1000 on my $700 bid, but he gave me invaluable business insight. Clients like that are hidden gems.

9 Likes

This morning they said they had 38 leads just outside of our service area and asked if I wanted some (sometimes they’ll give you those for free), but we’re booked pretty much up until the convention.

They want homeowners to keep using the site and they want services pros to keep paying the dues. I’ve found them willing to bend over backwards for us. Other folks have had different experiences.

1 Like

I threw a bid out for $100 on an easily $300 job just to get out and get something done. Nothing. The house still looks like garbage. I should have known better when I pulled up to it…the house has been standing for 20+ years and I feel safe saying they have NEVER had it washed. I don’t think it’s my bidding, I’m very fair because I want/need the business, I think I having a streak of bad luck with the wrong homeowners. One HO had me come out and give a bid yesterday. That night (last night) I got a text from them, obviously hoping I got the job. Nope. Turns out she was a tenant hoping to convince the actual homeowner to hire me! Ugh! Lesson learned. I will now ask if they are the actual homeowner

I’m with @squidskc on this one. I started using HA earlier this year. Prior to that, I stayed away due to everything you’re reading on this forum. But I finally decided to hear them out and I have no complaints. The only place where they have a coded phone number listed is on my listing on their own website. I’ve searched and searched and yet to find any other online listings that has a number besides my own. I’d say 20% of the jobs I’ve gotten from HA, I didn’t even pay for. People would find me on the directory and visit my website and contact us thru that. I also have an awesome account manager. If a lead is a dud, but for whatever reason falls outside of HA standard refund policy, I just text him and he gets it done for me.

I guess people can have various experiences but imo, HA is just like any other service. If you use it properly, it can be a good resource .

3 Likes

If you’ve filed for a Dun & Bradstreet number, business credit report, and everyone should if you ever intend on leasing or financing anything through your business, make sure you give them your 800 number because they cross reference your profile with 411.

So if someone calls that number, they get connected to someone at HA and you get charged for a lead?

You only get charged if they connect you or schedule the estimate for you. It’s up to you to close the deal. But yeah. That number goes to your HA “receptionist”. I’ve called it.

Wouldn’t own of those two things be their only options lol?

1 Like

Nope. I asked that too. If you don’t answer and the customer doesn’t want to schedule they send it out as an available lead to other companies.