Hiring help to hang door hangers

Do any of you have any experience hiring help to hang door hangers? How did it work out for you? What did you pay them?

1 Like

First and foremost, obviously you can pay someone minimum wage to do this. But there is another option that I’m aware of. A per piece payment. You pay them x amount of dollars per x amount of door hangers hung i. e. $20 per 100 hung. Regardless of what you pay, keep this in mind. From a branding/marketing standpoint, make sure they’re dressed with one of your company shirts and that they look good overall. Hair combed, work boots, maybe some brown shorts, make them agree to be very respectful of homeowners should they be stopped and talked to. Also, make sure they’re aware of the basic knowledge should a potential customer ask questions. Maybe tell them to call you immediately and let you talk to the customer. Also, pick someone fit enough to make huge mileage in their walks. They can hang huge numbers if they’re fit enough. Hope this helps.

Edit: Put them on incentive. If they can get a customer to call you on the spot and you’re able to secure a job, then they can get a percentage of the sale. AFTER, that is, the job has been paid for by the customer.

1 Like

Awesome advice, I got a person I think I could hire to help me out with this. I will pay him like $12 an hour and he will be happy. If I get 8 hours and he can do 60 houses an hour :slight_smile: we are looking good.

1 Like

I paid one of our jr firemen $25 up front, he went around and handed out 60 flyers for me in a development. I told him if I got any job from one of the flyers he handed out I’d give him $25… He happier than a fat kid in a candy store

2 Likes

I pay my flyer guys ten an hour and mark the routes they cover. If I get a call from one of their routes and land the job they get ten percent of that. Some of my flyer guys average $20 an hour after dropping flyers on the weekends once jobs have been booked and paid for.

1 Like

Depends on if your calendar is full and you’re making more money by washing or you have to market to fill the calendar.

1 Like

Right now I have to market. I am only using one form of marketing and effective businesses use 12 or more. I know one works and I have an idea on the return on investment on that one. So I just need to know how to scale at this point.

1 Like