Help Deciding on machine to buy, Old machines done

Ok, So going on my 3rd year in business… Everythings going well, but my machine puked today and it’s done! Engines locked up it seems to me like it dropped a valve. Anway…

Current setup
5.0 GPM
3,500 psi
Vanguard 16 hp
Udor Direct Drive
12v Burner
150 buffer tank
Reels ect…

I know it’s time to ditch the DD, I need a belt drive!

I made some phone calls today and, the big boy machines are out of reach! 12k is about what I found they cost for a machine that I’d like, but maybe I still don’t need.

Theres a special going on currently, for a Hydro Tek.

Specs
14 Hp Vanguard
3000 psi
4.8 gpm
Belt drive
200 buffer tank
12v lifetime guarantee on the coils
AR pump iirc
2 100ft reels
Single axle trailer
Comes with a free 24" spinner

Now, It almost seems like a down grade since its a tad less gpm and a bit less psi… Is it a huge difference? ? The price is nice about 5k otd trailer and all… The Vanguard engine is a bit of a draw back for me since mine just granaded, but if I can get a solid 5 years out of this machine, Id be ok with that a be ready to get a bigger unit by then! I do 80% residential and 20% commercial, some may ask why not fix rig, but it’s getting old and break downs are more frequent, and going to a belt drives a huge plus for me.

What do you guys think? Suggestions welcome

For about a grand you could get another udor, put on some pulleys and have a belt drive with what you already have

I’d need a new engine, and buy a pump also if I wanted to do the conversion

I didn’t catch the blown up engine part. I would stay away due to the AR pump. Most new engines will give you 2500 to 3000 hours. I haven’t had a hot water machine in 15 years and haven’t missed them. If you aren’t doing parking garages or oily concrete it is not necessary