Hello to everyone!

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

My name: Nathanael Banta
Company Name: HydroClean Alabama
Website currently being worked on: www.hydrocleanalabama.com

My wife and I started this business on the side about 2 years ago and full time about a year ago.

Like any new business owner, I’ve gone through all the “Heck yeah!” and the “Oh my gosh what do we do?!” times.

I’m thrilled to join a forum with so much knowledge and look forward to meeting everyone!

Nathanael or Nate

2 Likes

Welcome

Thanks! I just want to say you have offered some advice that has really helped me. Thanks so much already.

I’ve also learned to watch out for IBS. :wink:

Best

LOL, He’s a pussy cat. Just don’t display a complete lack of common sense and you’ll be fine. Of course being from Alabama you’ve already got 2 strikes against you, so abiding by the above mentioned rule might be tough.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha. I don’t plan on asking questions without good research and the only person that says I don’t always have common sense is my wife so I should be good there. I’ve lived in Alabama for 3 years and I really like it. 2 strikes are fine! Still not out.

Sounds like you were at least smart enough to marry someone smarter than you. That’s a good start. Since you’ve only been there a few years, probably means you don’t have ‘Roll Tide’ bumper stickers all over your truck. You may be down to only 1 strike against you, lol.

Yes I did! She’s amazing. No roll tide bumper stickers here. People here are obsessed as you know. Don’t have time for sports, I’m a new business owner. :smiley:

1 Like

Just give him a light cussing right off the bat, even if you aren’t upset about anything. He’ll slap you on the wrist, and then send you some elemonator.

2 Likes

lol That sounds a bit like a recent conversation. :zipper_mouth_face:

Welcome. That IBS comment made me laugh. Actually, I look forward to his posts. If I was ever in a hot mess, he would be the very FIRST person that I PM.I appreciate the knowledge that he provides, blunt as it may be, but knowledge none the less.I guess he and I are on the same level, I have spent the past 28 years in my profession and if you asked some of the younger “kids” that I work with, they would say that I’m a little rough around the edges also.
I, like you, am venturing into the wild unknown of pressure washing and I have a lot to learn. I love everything so far, and I can NOT believe the wealth of information that is provided here on these forums. You can actually learn an entire profession just by reading what other people have posted. You won’t find that kind of knowledge so freely given in any other profession. I am glad to have found the forum and glad to be part of it. Please use the search function,(it’s that magnifying glass looking thing in the top right) and you will be well on your way to another lifestyle.
Welcome, and good luck.

4 Likes

Hey thanks! You do realize that you’ll always be the new guy right? lol
I agree, IBS gives amazing knowledge. Many of his posts like others on here have helped so much. Seriously guys, especially those who have been on this forum a while, these posts have helped me feed my family. Never think they’re useless.

I learned a lot, I mean a lot from William Page on another great forum.
He is a great asset to the pressure washing industry!

1 Like

Welcome! Glad we haven’t scared you off!

I bug Dr. Fairbanks (@racer) and Dr. Page (IBS) a couple times a month and have never been let down. Two different styles. Both helpful. They’re very serious about people in the industry taking it to the next level. Which is respectable.

Ask for their advice and take action on it and…

1. I promise they will make you money, save you money, time, and headache. (And probably even an insurance/workman’s comp claim. At least reduce your chances.)

2. Once they know you can use the search function and you’re serious about doing things right, they’re just plain fun to talk to.

That being said, they’re two of probably 20 folks who here who have helped me out a ton.

2 Likes

Yeah, and I’m fine with being the FNG (friggin new guy), I haven’t been the New Guy at much (work wise) since 1989, but I think I’ve got a better perspective now. I have since learned how to shut up, sit back, watch, listen and learn. I don’t speak as much now, because I don’t feel I have to.
Things happen around me and I try to forsee the outcome. Sometimes I’m right sometimes not.I learn as much as I can, and if I have a question, I usually know who to ask.
Do not be afraid of someone who is gruff with their answers, take their bluntness as a warning. It means they’ve already been there and if you continue on that path, you are going to have a rough row to hoe.

( I was going to go on and on about the world today and snowflakes, but I deleted it. It’s time for bed)

2 Likes

Haha. Nope not scared off. Your posts have been great as well! Taking to the next level is a must for me. This isn’t something I just do, it’s something I really enjoy doing. Not to mention, it feeds my family.

Thanks for being so welcoming. :smiley: